• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

I’ll wait til then.

No slant on your updates (which have kept me sane a times) and I’m an optimist. Until this is sealed I’m on edge though. Too many false Martin dawns
Understandable, and of course I will feel better when all the announcements are made, but I really don't see this collapsing now.

On my way to London to meet COSU. Can’t say it’s done until it’s done but today is a huge step forward.
In all honesty many will forget and a good few subscribe to the all politicians are the same, but many on here will remember the role you played in getting us to this position.

There’s a chance a deal could be agreed in principle today. But even if you’ve agreed it you need to document it, you need to move money around, get third parties to consent to various bits or carry out checks etc etc

I’m obviously not in the room but from afar I’d be shocked if it completed today. The longer the negotiations the more there is to then go and tweak.

Maybe they’ll make a premature announcement of a deal to keep the NL off their back and I suppose that theoretically could be today but in terms of actually getting Ron out of our club even if there’s a breakthrough this morning I think we’re still talking days not hours.

On a more general note I really wish people would stop equating positive development with completion. There will likely need to be a whole string of positive developments before this is all done. It’s good news when we move a step closer but there are so many steps to take. If talks have been going on hours yesterday we’re still in all likelihood some way off. Please adjust expectations accordingly.
As expected.

How long the next stage takes will depend on what exactly was agreed.

The lawyers should turn around the document overnight.

The questions will be:

1) what third party approvals required (the Council, Citizen, CBRE)? A best case scenario would be these would be obtained tomorrow, potentially allowing for completion Thursday. The best case scenario almost never happens: in practice someone who needs to approve has a meeting on another matter, has a kid off ill, is acting as en election officer etc. They won’t drop everything to assist on your urgent matter.

2) what security is being taken (if any)? This will likely take a day or two if this is a new development. The Consortium did list this as a requirement previously.

3) what points still need to be agreed? They’ve agreed the terms but those terms need may still need to be fleshed out. With Ron you can never take it for granted.

I think we’re likely looking at the end of the week if no set backs but that’s just a guess from afar and I suspect a lot can still go wrong.

So good news but still work to be done.

Signs to look for are now Ron and/or Justin annd Jason emerging from their bunkers and appearing in public and/or engaging with fans.

As expected.

How long the next stage takes will depend on what exactly was agreed.

The lawyers should turn around the document overnight.

The questions will be:

1) what third party approvals required (the Council, Citizen, CBRE)? A best case scenario would be these would be obtained tomorrow, potentially allowing for completion Thursday. The best case scenario almost never happens: in practice someone who needs to approve has a meeting on another matter, has a kid off ill, is acting as en election officer etc. They won’t drop everything to assist on your urgent matter.

2) what security is being taken (if any)? This will likely take a day or two if this is a new development. The Consortium did list this as a requirement previously.

3) what points still need to be agreed? They’ve agreed the terms but those terms need may still need to be fleshed out. With Ron you can never take it for granted.

I think we’re likely looking at the end of the week if no set backs but that’s just a guess from afar and I suspect a lot can still go wrong.

So good news but still work to be done.

Signs to look for are now Ron and/or Justin annd Jason emerging from their bunkers and appearing in public and/or engaging with fans.

Give me a minute Justin is face timing me.
Sorry it was Demi my bad.

Back