• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Given that Southend council have stipulated that we can't move out of Roots Hall until FF is actually built, there must surely be a tipping point, somewhere on the horizon, where Sainsbury's realise there's no longer any point in funding our ever increasing, recent appearances (nine in the last three years) at the Winder's court?

Barna, what Sainsburys are putting into SUFC is peanuts compared to the total cost of the project, and the potential profit to be made from the completed store. They are very used to big projects and dodgy businessmen, and they wouldn't have gone this far if they weren't committed to seeing the project through. All these threads on Administration and Sainsburys pulling out are long on hope and speculation, and very short on facts and reality.

Barna, what Sainsburys are putting into SUFC is peanuts compared to the total cost of the project, and the potential profit to be made from the completed store. They are very used to big projects and dodgy businessmen, and they wouldn't have gone this far if they weren't committed to seeing the project through. All these threads on Administration and Sainsburys pulling out are long on hope and speculation, and very short on facts and reality.

While I don't disagree with what you say here, I suspect that even Sainsbury's must have a tipping point where they're no longer prepared to bail out the chairman any longer.

Probably,as Chapperz has suggested,that point will be reached either when they've coughed up the agreed purchasing price for Roots Hall or a three sided ground is built at FF.

While I don't disagree with what you say here, I suspect that even Sainsbury's must have a tipping point where they're no longer prepared to bail out the chairman any longer.

Probably,as Chapperz has suggested,that point will be reached either when they've coughed up the agreed purchasing price for Roots Hall or a three sided ground is built at FF.

I think they reached that tipping point in 2010 though, although a bit more money has been given since they have shown a lot more reluctance from what I can see to bail us out whilst the project was stuttering.

Back