• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was the music.....

I prefer this to Ring Of Fire. Which did anyone notice we played at the Tranmere game for the first time since the Orient game?? AND GUESS WHAT WE LOST!

STOP PLAYING RING OF BLOODY FIRE!!!!

I'll second that - it's a catchy tune but a lot of clubs use it. The fans will chant it at some point whether we play it or not.

Canvey Island. And yes there was a documentary about 20 years ago, that included the Hot Rods, Mickey (not Duncan) Jupp, Gary Brooker, Dr Feelgood, Depeche Mode, and Tonight. It was made by Thames and was about the South Essex music scene.

What No Kursaal Flyers ??

In all honesty i cannot beleive we dont play blue by Alsion Moyet the song that was written about us?

Surely that would make sense, obviously not to run out to as its probably not upbeat enough but it should be aired at every home game!!!

Tell me these lyrics dont sum it up?

Another northern sky
another motorway parade
another day like this
whatever will be will be
and we will be in Shrewsbury (do I have to go)

Do I have to go
Could I ever stay away
And you never know
Tonight our luck could change
And we'll be flying all the way (going all the way)
A late point and I'll be laughing
And Saturday won't seem so bleak
With you, Blue

Ever a stepping stone
Someone's Mickey Mouse affair
We're so unfashionable
But I'm not with you for your stylish hair
Or the seaside air (if we ever get there)
Tell me we've acquired a striker (Stanley)
And a lucrative sponsorship came through (on a free)
Will you, Blue
Can we not buy someone famous
And pull a crowd we can't contain at all
All true, Blue

Maybe we'll never tread the grass that grows around your feet
And you let us in for weighting tables like we live to feed
And not to eat (but we get a seat)
Three points and the living's easy
And every day's a Saturday
With you, true blue
Saturday

On this theme, can somebody please tell me what the music is that England walk out to at wembley? Newcastle also use this.

They played it when I went to Stamford Bridge it really got the crowd going!!

They played it for years after it was first released around 1970. All the Shed end used to clap and sing to it and it was quite a sight observing it from the old North End Road end at Stamford Bridge.

Such a shame the South or West stand cant catch on to this.

On this theme, can somebody please tell me what the music is that England walk out to at wembley? Newcastle also use this.

Not sure if its the one you mean, but Newcastle always used to run out to Going Home (from the film Local Hero) by Mark Knopfler. Hadn't noticed England using it though, so maybe its something else?

Yeah that song, you could shout Southend at the end !

I hate Liquidator with a passion and really hope that Ring of Fire is played instead.

Liquidator was played at West Ham in the early 70's and I really think it is a nothing tune. Doesn't get the crowd going and it is dirge.

Hate that ska garbage - Johnny Cash all the way for me...:finger:

Back