• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was the music.....

they played before ko against Tranmere? The one with no lyrics. It sounded like Ska music but can anyone enlighten me?:confused:

Its also in my book a Chelsea song - They play it before they come out or at least they used to before Roman's era.

talking of Chelsea music at football... was watching the highlights of the first round of the League cup...whenever that was!!... and when one of the lower league teams scored they blasted out 'Chelsea Dagger' by the Fratellis... that sounded pretty awesome.

talking of Chelsea music at football... was watching the highlights of the first round of the League cup...whenever that was!!... and when one of the lower league teams scored they blasted out 'Chelsea Dagger' by the Fratellis... that sounded pretty awesome.

Preston North End used this last season IIRC.

Preston North End used this last season IIRC.

So did Ipswich! My ITFC mate bomabarded me with texts in the week prior to the Ipswich game saying he hoped I liked the song as I'd be hearing an awful lot of it on the Saturday. Unlucky son!!! :p

Speaking of The Liquidator, I know West Brom use(d) it & so did Wolves I believe too. Personally, I like The Z Cars theme used at Vicarage Road!

Its also in my book a Chelsea song - They play it before they come out or at least they used to before Roman's era.

thats my only problem with it, it's a piece of music associated with Chelsea's pre-match. So much so that a quick search on the net for the song bought me back a version that actually has "COME ON CHELSEA!" leading in the intro. What next? we'll have blowing bubbles before you know it! oh and bring back Planet Funk "Chase The Sun" when we score if you're reading this Ben ;)

Last edited:
I quite like the pre-game music, although I'm only ever in the ground to hear the last ten minutes of it. The music we run out to is godawful, though.

thats my only problem with it, it's a piece of music associated with Chelsea's pre-match. So much so that a quick search on the net for the song bought me back a version that actually has "COME ON CHELSEA!" leading in the intro. What next? we'll have blowing bubbles before you know it! oh and bring back Planet Funk "Chase The Sun" when we score if you're reading this Ben ;)

I've got a decent MP3 file of the song (with no Chelsea rubbish attached) if you want me to send it to you? PM me if you do!

I've got an MP3 of it at home somewhere - quite a good song, didn't know they were local though!

Was there not a chain of bands who were lumped together in something known as "The Southend Sound"*? There was a documentary on some late night ITV arts thing about this 10 years or so ago.

* - I personally feel this is what the Thames Estuary should be renamed :hilarious:

I've got an MP3 of it at home somewhere - quite a good song, didn't know they were local though!

Canvey Island. And yes there was a documentary about 20 years ago, that included the Hot Rods, Mickey (not Duncan) Jupp, Gary Brooker, Dr Feelgood, Depeche Mode, and Tonight. It was made by Thames and was about the South Essex music scene.

I prefer this to Ring Of Fire. Which did anyone notice we played at the Tranmere game for the first time since the Orient game?? AND GUESS WHAT WE LOST!

STOP PLAYING RING OF BLOODY FIRE!!!!

Back