• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What the future holds. How you see it right now??

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
When I comes to southend united, I've done it all, just like the next supporter.

Blagged days off work, pulled sickies, borrowed money to do away weekends.

Never have I felt this low about the future of the club I have supported for 30 seasons.

I have always been of the belief that chairman's come and go, just like the good days and bad days etc.

Unfortunately, as optimistic as I usually am. I honestly can't see this situation resolving and the club playing national league football. Ron is far to stubborn and deluded to allow the proper change that is needed.

For me.

I am now resigned to a slow death in the coming weeks, with national league expulsion. I do believe that the club will continue and do a wimbledon. It would take a monumental effort but I think it can happen.

I still have a glimmer of hope that we can somehow get out of this mess.

I think of all the great times following the club and it kills me to think Saturdays will be baron and empty afternoons.

Where are you at this point?

What do you see happening in the coming, days, weeks and months.

Last edited:
What knowledge the management /players have now of our position would be nice to know and will we now have a massive jump ship Just how can we prepare or even compete when Ron is playing his games .

My absolute biggest concern is the National League. They will generously give us a deadline (likely end of this month as others have suggested). Ron will not sell in time or gather the required funds to make payments to satisfy the NL, hence being thrown out of the league.

Surely he needs the club to survive, I just hope he caves in at the last minute of the deadline and agrees the sale with Kimura

What knowledge the management /players have now of our position would be nice to know and will we now have a massive jump ship Just how can we prepare or even compete when Ron is playing his games .

Quite simply we can't. We are currently miles away from being a club that is viably going to compete a season in the 5th tier.

We don't have a squad big enough and remain unable to sign anyone.
No medical staff paid or available.
Unable to play pre season games.
Staff are due 4 months wages
Unsure wether the safety cert for roots hall is even been done for next season or will pass.
A CEO who seemingly doesn't know what's happening.
Tax liability unpaid but growing by the day.
We are just 3 weeks from the start of the season and haven't even released a kit.

It will take a miracle to climb out of this and more importantly, a lot of money.

Surely he needs the club to survive, I just hope he caves in at the last minute of the deadline and agrees the sale with Kimura

Does he though?

Say the club goes under and are expelled. He could lose all of his debt via bankruptcy of SEL but still continue in some way under another company name and build on roots hall and fossetts.

The only thing standing in his way is the covinant stating the club must move. Technically. If there is no club then it doesn't stand. I'm sure there would be a huge backlash from the public if the council granted that but it's not an impossibility. And I'm sure it's one Ron would have thought about.

not an impossibility no, but we've currently got the MP's seemingly on our side, I cannot see that working for him, at the very least it would delay things massively and put his project back 5-10 years I think which he wouldn't want, he's about 70 now, surely he would be forced to agree a sale, I really hope so. The alternative is unthinkable.
Does he though?

Say the club goes under and are expelled. He could lose all of his debt via bankruptcy of SEL but still continue in some way under another company name and build on roots hall and fossetts.

The only thing standing in his way is the covinant stating the club must move. Technically. If there is no club then it doesn't stand. I'm sure there would be a huge backlash from the public if the council granted that but it's not an impossibility. And I'm sure it's one Ron would have thought about.

not an impossibility no, but we've currently got the MP's seemingly on our side, I cannot see that working for him, at the very least it would delay things massively and put his project back 5-10 years I think which he wouldn't want, he's about 70 now, surely he would be forced to agree a sale, I really hope so. The alternative is unthinkable.

I'd like to think that the council would side with their constituents, especially as Ron doesn't even live in southend bourrogh but who knows.

Up until a week ago I was very positive that this would be resolved.

I'm no longer of that opinion.

I honestly don't know, one minute I think we will be ok and this season will be just a transition and the fact the management and players haven't walked yet makes me think they are confident it will be alright and we will play this season.

Then on the other hand it feels like we are miles off, I guess the fact we as fans get told nothing and this has gone on for months doesn't help those thoughts.

Are the players back in training does anyone know?? I've not seen anything and the friendly for Saturday appears to still be going ahead

My absolute biggest concern is the National League. They will generously give us a deadline (likely end of this month as others have suggested). Ron will not sell in time or gather the required funds to make payments to satisfy the NL, hence being thrown out of the league.
How do you bookmakers bet?

We stay in the League?

Us thrown out the League?

Ron thrown in the sea if above happens?

Club sold, Successful NL campaign ahead and missing out on promotion in the play-off final after we think “it’s written in the stars” and take our foot off the gas as Dallas misses a sitter in the 93rd min to take it to ET.

I think a decision by the National League will contribute to saving us. Hopefully they will give the Club a deadline to pay it's debts or face expulsion. RM will then take the best offer that is currently on the table in front of him. Dodgy and greedy though he is I don't think he will let the Club lose it's status.

If the worst does happen today or soon it does bring into sharp focus whet we all do about football going forward. Go to watch another and switch allegiances? Never watch football again? I've managed to get my girls to watch Southend with me and it becomes precious time together when everyone has their own lives to lead.

We are all worried about the existence of the club but what about the employees still awaiting their salaries how must they feel with this nightmare. Not sure how RM can sleep at night knowing how this effects their lives

We are all worried about the existence of the club but what about the employees still awaiting their salaries how must they feel with this nightmare. Not sure how RM can sleep at night knowing how this effects their lives
Easy. He's a sociopath and genuinely doesn't care.

Back