• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What makes you proud to support Southend United?

To be honest, at the moment and for as long as I can remember; nothing. I hope that changes going forward and the club gives us something to be proud of.

My late Dad was a lifelong supporter and I nagged my parents to let me go along with him. I was aged 8 and they thought that if I went once I would be bored and not want to go again, not a chance, fell in love with the Club and 58 years later nothing has changed. Proud to be a Shrimper.

local team, born n bred, and my fondest memories of spending time with my Dad over many many years.

There's something about lower league fans, a character trait that we all share even though we are all different. Its honest, its ups and downs, its real. highest highs and lowest lows.

I never ever will understand how anyone can support a team they are not local too.

Three generations of my family devout shrimpers, my dad gone now. My 20yr old lad next to me in our season ticket seats and he lives and breathes every bit of news about the club and team.
My dad and i at Roots Hall in 79 watching the European champions.
On my own watching Tillys reign and my boy at about 10yrs old in tears with me at Wembley winning that penalty shootout.
Its all about fantastic memories of supporting your club.

My dad introduced me to the Blues when I was around 11 years old as he was born and bred in Tottenham we occasionally went to White Hart Lane but for some reason he took me to Roots Hall and we stood on the old SouthBank and got the bug.60 odd years later still going strong.We have had many ups and downs over the years but the last few have been hard to watch especially being relegated out of the league and obviously being so so close to going bust.We hopefully have better times ahead that all of us thoroughly deserve in supporting the best team in Essex

Good luck JD another really solid pro who gave his all.

Wish you all the best in your next step.

Get him signed up for Suepa.

Born and bred Basildon boy, i was never going to be a spammer, proud to be a Shrimper, my proudest moment as a Shrimper is Bury away with my boy.
Got Benji coming back to Roots on 5 Oct

First match was as a 10 year old when we played Chelsea at home in the League Cup. We lost 1-0 but I went in to the ground as a. Chelsea supporter and came out as a Southend Supporter.

Proudest moment was the away play off leg at Doncaster, we were absolutely thrashed but the supporters were absolutely amazing - we were so good that even the Doncaster supporters came over to applaud us. Encapsulated what being a true supporter is all about imho.

Back