• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the most annoying profession

Modelling has to be top of the list - skinny waif fashion models that are either on drugs, bulemic or both

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ May 17 2006,09:33)]Recruitment agents.
Agree!! Didn't like them when I used them to find my job (still in my first job from leaving school), and can't stand them now I recruit for my team. Thankfully we have a low turnover, but its still a pain in the arse when t comes along!

It's an obvious one but I have yet to meet anyone with the same degree of hatred that I have for Traffic Wardens. I honestly can't fathom out how someone could be interested in a job where your best, most productive days will be giving other people from your neighbourhood bad days. Personally, I'd rather be poor. Where I live in Brighton I must have done hundreds of pounds, if not 4 figures on parking fines and have been towed twice, believe it or not that is pretty normal if you live on the seafront where I used to live - at times there are no residents parking bays left so you end up on a meter. Traffic Wardens round the seafront and central Brighton are like ants, crawling out of every nook and cranny. Use all your change to get an overnight ticket and wake up a bit late.....forget it, you've just done another £40.

I once got a ticket when I had actually paid so I drove around looking for a warden (didn't take long) found one and abused him for his choice of work although he had nothing to do with the ticket. I told him he had "a career as a w%&ker" asked him how he slept at night knowing he was a p%&*k etc while some bloke he'd been talking to stood open-mouthed watching. I accept it was out of order really, but it made me feel a lot better......:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 12 2006,12:41)]I really really hate those people that stand in tolielts in clubs or pubs and try and give you a paper towel in reutrn for a tip. Makes me so mad.
Spot on, DtS - they're my most hated group as well.

I really want to shout at them "I have been p*ssing without assistance for the last 30 years - so back off!!!"

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ May 17 2006,11:23)]It's an obvious one but I have yet to meet anyone with the same degree of hatred that I have for Traffic Wardens. I honestly can't fathom out how someone could be interested in a job where your best, most productive days will be giving other people from your neighbourhood bad days. Personally, I'd rather be poor. Where I live in Brighton I must have done hundreds of pounds, if not 4 figures on parking fines and have been towed twice, believe it or not that is pretty normal if you live on the seafront where I used to live - at times there are no residents parking bays left so you end up on a meter. Traffic Wardens round the seafront and central Brighton are like ants, crawling out of every nook and cranny. Use all your change to get an overnight ticket and wake up a bit late.....forget it, you've just done another £40.

I once got a ticket when I had actually paid so I drove around looking for a warden (didn't take long) found one and abused him for his choice of work although he had nothing to do with the ticket. I told him he had "a career as a w%&ker" asked him how he slept at night knowing he was a p%&*k etc while some bloke he'd been talking to stood open-mouthed watching. I accept it was out of order really, but it made me feel a lot better......:)
Smudger, I could not have put it better and I suspect my level of hatred for this putrid scum that lines the gutter of humanity is at least equal to yours.

The number of times I have said that line to people (or something close to it) - "I can't understand why anyone would want to go and do a job where they are targeted/rewarded in direct proportion to the level of misery they cause to other people".

Were fines limited to selfish parking, blatant pi$$-taking or outrageous lapses in consideration for others, I might have some sympathy. But it isn't and it's not uncommon to see these bastards waiting at meters to slap tickets on cars the very SECOND the meter ticks over.

mad.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back