• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the most annoying profession

DTS

The Business
I really really hate those people that stand in tolielts in clubs or pubs and try and give you a paper towel in reutrn for a tip. Makes me so mad.

Not like I need help to go for a gypsies when I do it at home all the time. I hate the way they always have well dated aftershave such as Joop or Cool Water and give you a spray of that for some cash. I also hate the bloody kids lolly they have on offer cause thats really what I fancy eating on a night out.

Worse thing is people that give em money. Normally they are hammered but I really think these toilet attendants are scum of the earth.

What profession do you hate most ?

Mortgage brokers.

Eh? What? Oh!
wink.gif
Oo.gif

Doorstaff.

OK, fair enough in this day & age there is a need for bouncers but certainly out & about here in Glasgow, they have this self-important attitude & have no level of customer service. If I hear the "so where have you been drinking tonight then?" question one more time I think I'll go mad. I mean it's not as if I've got £50 on the hip to drink in your pub/club is it?

The classic one was a couple of days after this new bar opened & there was about 7 of us from work (a mixed group 4 ladies, 3 guys) and we tried to get in only to be told "Sorry, you're not regulars!" REGULARS, how can you have regulars after being open for a total of 25 hours?
mad.gif

Some of the stewards think because they have a bright jacket on they are gods!

Some of the away games in League 2 were the worst! (Just a distant memory now!).
biggrin.gif

But also double glazing salesmen! Dont ever give Zenith (now Bowater I think!) your number, they will not take no for an answer, had to threaten legal action before they stopped calling me!
mad.gif

London Undergorund staff - nearly all unhelpful sods who just hang around the station drinking tea and getting in the way of paying punters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 12 2006,12:41)]I really really hate those people that stand in tolielts in clubs or pubs and try and give you a paper towel in reutrn for a tip. Makes me so mad.

Not like I need help to go for a gypsies when I do it at home all the time. I hate the way they always have well dated aftershave such as Joop or Cool Water and give you a spray of that for some cash. I also hate the bloody kids lolly they have on offer cause thats really what I fancy eating on a night out.

Worse thing is people that give em money. Normally they are hammered but I really think these toilet attendants are scum of the earth.

Sounds like you have been to Oceana, Kingston.

Did they sing songs aswell?

No tissue, no issue and You've got to Freshen up, don't you know freshen up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend-on-Sea @ May 13 2006,15:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 12 2006,12:41)]I really really hate those people that stand in tolielts in clubs or pubs and try and give you a paper towel in reutrn for a tip. Makes me so mad.

Varsity is a culprit of this as well.

The Toilet attendant in there has become something of a joke, all he seems to do is Sing and Dance to Michael Jackson, then pesters you when you're washing your hands innocently.
Apparently though, the one in the womans toilet is worse. All she does is sit in one of the Sinks and Smokes.

Watched the Cup Final in Varsity earlier, was anyone else there to see the Wet Spam supporters kickin each others heads in after the game? Was absolutely crazy, they had to shut the pub in the end, about 6 cop cars and 2 ambulances outside!

Just glad Liverpool won, even if it was the dreaded penalties. Until they started the infightng I was actually feeling sorry for them!

Just got off the last train home from Southend to Basildon and a load of dick head Wet Spam supporters trying to wreck the train, they were also singing like they had won.... LOSERS!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrainCrewBlues @ May 14 2006,00:10)]Watched the Cup Final in Varsity earlier, was anyone else there to see the Wet Spam supporters kickin each others heads in after the game? Was absolutely crazy, they had to shut the pub in the end, about 6 cop cars and 2 ambulances outside!

Just glad Liverpool won, even if it was the dreaded penalties. Until they started the infightng I was actually feeling sorry for them!

Just got off the last train home from Southend to Basildon and a load of dick head Wet Spam supporters trying to wreck the train, they were also singing like they had won.... LOSERS!  
tounge.gif
Tried to get into vasiety after game, got turned away. Didnt see any cops about though. I was walking up the high street aftere game. Westham fans were mouthing off to everyone. Saw saw man in liverpool shirt get glassed by some westham clown. God it was only a game, not the end of the world.

[b said:

Burgess Hill based financial advisers really get on my tits. Sending 'em all to hell, soon as I get the chance.

MUTHAf%&kAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ May 12 2006,12:50)]Mortgage brokers.

Eh? What? Oh!  
wink.gif

Oo.gif
Yep, definitely Mortgage Brokers. I did cross over to the dark side myself for a while but now I'm back with a lender I can confirm that broker's are the biggest pain in the backside in my line of work.

They submit half completed forms and expect everything done yesterday, meaning my staff do all the work and then the broker gets paid!!!!!!!

Thankfully the tide is turning (at least at my company) and a far greater emphasis is being placed on the business we generate ourselves (because we don't have to pay huge sums in proc fees for it). This means my targets are just for that, not for introduced mortgages from brokers, and I can tell them that unless they provide all the neccessary info and status their case will just sit on my desk until they do.

Of course this is of no interest to anyone not working in the mortgage industry, but it does make me feel better having had a rant about it  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 14 2006,03:42)]
[b said:

Burgess Hill based financial advisers really get on my tits. Sending 'em all to hell, soon as I get the chance.

MUTHAf%&kAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif
Nice of you to use your real name God - Very brave.
devil.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ May 13 2006,16:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend-on-Sea @ May 13 2006,15:58)]
[b said:

Varsity is a culprit of this as well.

The Toilet attendant in there has become something of a joke, all he seems to do is Sing and Dance to Michael Jackson, then pesters you when you're washing your hands innocently.
Apparently though, the one in the womans toilet is worse. All she does is sit in one of the Sinks and Smokes.
Most clubs have them there as:
a) they don't have to pay them, they work only from tips
b) it's a way of keeping tabs of what's going on in the toilets as you don't tend to have CCTV in there.

Still annoying though.

Office Managers.

They're all f*&kwits.

I can't even begin to write my observations as it will be a tome which will be the longest post ever.

so...

Office Managers

They are ALL a waste of space.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back