• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What does success look like this season?

If we finished mid table, how would you rate that?

• Epic failure - Changes to management needed

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Disappointed - Open to change

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • Meh - it's a shame, but progress has been made regardless

Votes: 68 43.9%
  • Who Cares we have our club back, bring on next season

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • Happy - Achieved expectations

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
I feel some people's expectations are way too high, as long as there is progress off the field I would be happy, even happier if the club reached the play-offs but expect to fall short. If you want to be sustainable in the long term try not to expect too much too soon. Get it right financially and progress will come on the pitch.
Last season, without the 10 point deduction, we would have been in the playoffs, and that's spending a lot of the season without a full match day squad.

Anything less than playoffs this season, would mean we have gone seriously backwards - would anyone really be happy about that!!!

We seem to have got more fans in, but if we are not competing in this league, how long before that starts dropping off.

There isn't one for me to choose.

Reason: for me mid table would be a failure, but with all we've been through, I wouldn't want to change the management personnel, because they deserve a normal season from pre-season to end and even including this season, they haven't had one yet.

It would be frustrating though if we finished mid-table, as I believe we have a play off obtaining squad here, without too many additions.

Last season, without the 10 point deduction, we would have been in the playoffs, and that's spending a lot of the season without a full match day squad.

Anything less than playoffs this season, would mean we have gone seriously backwards - would anyone really be happy about that!!!

We seem to have got more fans in, but if we are not competing in this league, how long before that starts dropping off.

Sometimes you’ve got to take a step backwards in order to take two or three forward.

Missing out on playoffs wouldn’t be disastrous, but would be highly disappointing.

However, if it meant we’ve got our house in order, infrastructure improving (on and off the pitch), then it can only stand us in good stead moving forwards. What we can’t afford to do is stagnate and stand still at this level.

We also have to get away from this instant success mindset & instead focus on building a dynasty to catapult us to the upper echelons on the football pyramid. We’d all love promotion this season, but we’d all prefer three-peat promotions :Winking:

We amassed enough points to get into the play offs last season under the toughest of conditions....unthinkable in fact.
Any regression from that given the positive change in the boardroom and subsequent improvement in situation would imo be deeply disappointing.

Sometimes you’ve got to take a step backwards in order to take two or three forward.

Missing out on playoffs wouldn’t be disastrous, but would be highly disappointing.

However, if it meant we’ve got our house in order, infrastructure improving (on and off the pitch), then it can only stand us in good stead moving forwards. What we can’t afford to do is stagnate and stand still at this level.

We also have to get away from this instant success mindset & instead focus on building a dynasty to catapult us to the upper echelons on the football pyramid. We’d all love promotion this season, but we’d all prefer three-peat promotions :Winking:
I agree, it wouldn't be disastrous, but definitely disappointing.

Even if we did make it, there seems to be a number of teams still better than us, so it would still leave us outsiders for promotion, but at least we would be in the mix

Reactions: GBJ
Dont think anyones gonna be truly happy until we are back in the league. Still hurts we are a non league team.
Isn't that good thing though. We need to keep the standards high so the motivation within the club stays at that level. I want play offs this season and as fanbase we deserve that to, considering what we had to put up with.

we did amazing last season, embargo, non-contracts, 1 sub, 10 point deducation, only just missed the play offs. with that we should be seriously targetting promotion the next season. so we get all our targets lined up....
but
but
but
embargo, delayed take over, might not exist. new ownership didn't take over until about 2 weeks before the season. i've heard, but don't know for sure, about things like the training ground not being fit for use.

then the new owners have to agree payments for what, 3 years debts? and pay a **** ton to get a stadium that we can actually play in and have people in to watch.
it's easy to say about how many turn up, but we've missed out on nearly all our targets coz of Ron, no proper preseason etc.
so to be honest this season we need to try our very best for the play offs but we can't forget all the **** that's happened and treat it like a normal season. we saw that today, we've started the season with whatever we could get, means we can't rotate, don't have the quality off the bench. we can't ignore that. and people need to stop acting like owners have unlimited money that we are entitled to. Wrexham are everything that's wrong with football. not only have they bought their way to success, they've poisoned football for others with this entitlement to buy instant success.
i'd love us to go up this season playing exciting football, scoring loads of goals. but it's going to take longer and be harder than that

Back