• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Was quite happy with our roast at the Bread & Cheese. Carvery was £15.95 a head, and you could have any combination of beef, turkey and gammon with all the usual trimmings. Other meats and dishes available on the smokery side of the menu. Only criticism was that the gammon was over salty for me.

Blackberry and apple crumble for me and sticky toffee pud for him for dessert, both very nice. Service was good, very friendly, and the new decor is really nice.

I forgot to mention last night's dinner- Sirloin beef strips fried in olive oil with chestnut and porcini mushrooms, a shed full of herbs the juice from the porcini, a dollop of red wine and mascarpone all mixed in, served on a bed of basmati rice. Some seriously good flavours when all that lot was put together, and it only took me 20 mins to cook it all on the hob.

I forgot to mention last night's dinner- Sirloin beef strips fried in olive oil with chestnut and porcini mushrooms, a shed full of herbs the juice from the porcini, a dollop of red wine and mascarpone all mixed in, served on a bed of basmati rice. Some seriously good flavours when all that lot was put together, and it only took me 20 mins to cook it all on the hob.
Please give us the menu

No menu available I'm afraid, but I'll happily share the recipe. Oh, and I forgot, it had a clove of crushed garlic in it as well.
Sorry ,senior moment ,it was the recipe I was after !

Reactions: RHB
Bit late now, but 3 thick large rashers of Byford's butcher's smoked bacon grilled & devoured in toasted sarnies ( 4 slices ).
That was a 'filler' before a 'catch up' with my good old pal Colin C ( dad of Ben C, our ex Physio ).

Was quite happy with our roast at the Bread & Cheese. Carvery was £15.95 a head, and you could have any combination of beef, turkey and gammon with all the usual trimmings. Other meats and dishes available on the smokery side of the menu. Only criticism was that the gammon was over salty for me.

Blackberry and apple crumble for me and sticky toffee pud for him for dessert, both very nice. Service was good, very friendly, and the new decor is really nice.
Nearest pub to me. I have always found it charmless and at times cutting up a bit rough

Back