• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Were you born on the Day the Blues were playing?

I was born under a wandrin' star*

Well, maybe not, t'was Billericay Hospital instead. Not quite as glam, though me Dad had to borrow a car to pick Mum and me up and was leant by a Ford Dealer an open top car to make mother freak out. We swopped it for a grey Ford 100E the following day.

Anyway, no Sarfend match that day, instead England beat Bulgaria 2-0 in the 1962 World Cup finals in Chile. If anyone can claim to have been at that game and prove it they win a prize.

SS

*now, that just might be the terrace song we've all been looking for - simple lyrics for the chorus bit and something most if not all would recognise.:clap:

I was born under a wandrin' star*

Well, maybe not, t'was Billericay Hospital instead. Not quite as glam, though me Dad had to borrow a car to pick Mum and me up and was leant by a Ford Dealer an open top car to make mother freak out. We swopped it for a grey Ford 100E the following day.

Anyway, no Sarfend match that day, instead England beat Bulgaria 2-0 in the 1962 World Cup finals in Chile. If anyone can claim to have been at that game and prove it they win a prize.

SS

*now, that just might be the terrace song we've all been looking for - simple lyrics for the chorus bit and something most if not all would recognise.:clap:

Does it count if I can remember the England v Bulgaria match?

I think Chelsea had a version of Wandrin' Star, it went something like "I was born under a Chelsea Shed blah, blah.

As I was born in July we would only have friendly games, although my birthday often falls near meet the Blues day.

I was born 2nd march 1975, in between these to away losses!!! Finished 18th that season in Division 3

Fri 28-Feb Plymouth Argyle A D3 1 0 16,321
Tue 4-Mar Huddersfield Town A D3 4 1 4,538

We got beat 1-0 away at Hartlepool the night before I was born, we won my first game in existance 2-0 at home to Aldershot, goals by Hall (pen) and Cadette, and wen ton to get promoted that season

Apparently 6000 people went to see us draw 2-2 with Bristol Rovers in a season where we finished 15th.

The whole circumstances seem to pretty much sum up most of my supporting career. Until the last 3/4 seasons of course!

Never thought to check but yes...

On the 10th of November 1984 the Blues beat Peterborough 2-1 in the old 4th division in front of 1,779. Anyone at that one?! lol. Who is Fuccillo?!? He sounds good...

Yep went to that game, Fuccillo wasn't that good, but then quite a few of that team were not much cop either.

The day before I was born we lost 2-0 at home to Chester in front of 4453, after I was born we won our last two games of that season, 5-0 at home vs Rochdale in front of 1153, then 2-1 vs Port Vale in front of 1687.

I think you will find that the Chester game was infact away if you got that info from Robin's web site then it's an error. That was the day Chester won promotion (explains the big crowd). It was also the day that the supporters coach got home at 5am after a big night out in Prestatyn & Rhyl.

Back