• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Warrens gone

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ May 19 2004,13:14)]true. did'nt think of that, at least they have southend in common though.
Fair point. Perhaps they could compare stories of how they played pretty well for the club only to be nobbed off.

Joking aside. Wish them all the best cos they were both very professional players who looked commiteed to playing for the club.

However, still not certain Warren won't be here next year

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 19 2004,13:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ May 19 2004,13:14)]true. did'nt think of that, at least they have southend in common though.
Fair point.  Perhaps they could compare stories of how they played pretty well for the club only to be nobbed off.

Joking aside.  Wish them all the best cos they were both very professional players who looked commiteed to playing for the club.

However, still not certain Warren won't be here next year
Even after he has confirmed he is not interested?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 19 2004,13:32)]Even after he has confirmed he is not interested?
I'm not damning your sources but I'd rather see it on the official site before I take it as fact. He always seemed happy enough and I don't know where he would go for the money we offered him.

Neva mind, i did like wozza though always gave his all, very commited player, i widh him well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 19 2004,15:09)]Likely to be joined by Ben Smith too!
S'alright he'll be injured by half time first match.
rock.gif

sh*t, Wazza was underated this season he made alot of vital clearences and helped us keep either a clean sheet or a low tally of goals. I have yet to see Hunt/Cort/Edwards gell together but i have a feeling he may be a big lose.

Although I think we will do well next season, with Edwards coming in, I do think Wozza will be a big loss. Running onto the pitch, chatting to himself (not in a mental way but firing himself up). This was also reflected in his game, at times being absolutely superb. He's a very nice geezer, ALMOST a role model footballer. If he leaves, then best of luck. Provided he stays injury free, he will be vital for Hornchurches promotion push. When he's been at the top of his game, he's been the best central defender I've seen at Southend for a good few years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 19 2004,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have yet to see Hunt/Cort/Edwards gell together

Haven't we all...
Then why are people saying how good Hunt and Edwards will be together ?

Can't believe Wozza's gone. Why would he have been offered such a poor contract? Sure he has injury problems, but he is a player who inspires the team.

Will miss his shout to the East stand at the start of games, that's for sure.
sad.gif

$hit, can't believe he was offered LESS money.

Wazza was superb in the second half of the season putting in quite a few MOM performances, for me once him and Cort finally gelled that played a big part in our survival.

all I'll say is I hope Che Wilson wasn't offered more money!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,16:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 19 2004,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have yet to see Hunt/Cort/Edwards gell together

Haven't we all...
Then why are people saying how good Hunt and Edwards will be together ?
It was intended as a joke, Luke... at least sufcintheprem played along

Just heard Warren on BBC Essex.

He said that he hasn't said that he wants to leave Southend.  He is looking for some security but he's not after a "superduper" deal. He is looking for a two year deal not a one year deal.

He likes the area, has family and friends here and still wants to be a Shrimpers player!

He's a Shrimper, sign him up!!  
biggrin.gif

Back