• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Venue for Southend United's opening day clash is decided on Monday

Any update on the dodgy wall and roof in the West Stand from those at the ground today?
Blimey i must of posted this in 4 threads today.. It is not the main roof it is the bar above the family enclosure roof and the toilets above block W that have not been repaired and will not be open if the game goes ahead next week.

Why this has not been sorted during close season is madness.

I think option (c) is favourite, RHB. Asking Oldham to stage a game that would get close to a five figure gate at such short notice would be quite a task. You could be right though, I just have my doubts.

I wouldn't want to start the season with a run of away games either, tbh.
If it did go ahead at Oldham this Saturday at least we wouldn't be freezing our bollocks off, unlike a winter fixture! Grateful for small mercies at the moment. Christ I hate Ron Martin with a vengeance that an old chap like me shouldn't have.

Blimey i must of posted this in 4 threads today.. It is not the main roof it is the bar above the family enclosure roof and the toilets above block W that have not been repaired and will not be open if the game goes ahead next week.

Now, you see @Cricko, if you had posted this earlier, poor old Garry wouldn't have had to ask. :Winking:

If it did go ahead at Oldham this Saturday at least we wouldn't be freezing our bollocks off, unlike a winter fixture! Grateful for small mercies at the moment. Christ I hate Ron Martin with a vengeance that an old chap like me shouldn't have.
My first trip to ISZ was in about 1976, to stand on the old open end. On New Year's Day.

We lost 2-1, I couldn't feel my feet by quarter past three and spent the whole of the following week convinced I had got frostbite.

The view out over Saddleworth Moor was nice though.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB

I’m sure this was covered by the @Shrimperstrust with the ceo and he agreed to do a walk around at the end of the season.

IF we don't get the Safety Certificate renewed tomorrow, then I would imagine option D is most likely - Away to Oldham. If that is the case it will be garbage for our travelling support.
Would do me a massive favour as I live 15 minutes from Oldham and I don’t fancy boundary park in the winter

Reactions: RHB
Back