• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Venue for Southend United's opening day clash is decided on Monday

Which must mean that you will be at Roots Hall today doing your cleaning bit with all the other supporters so the game has a chance of going on.
No idea what Shrimpet said as I've put him on ignore... but his actual post is no longer showing. Has he/she deleted it in response to your challenge?

No idea what Shrimpet said as I've put him on ignore... but his actual post is no longer showing. Has he/she deleted it in response to your challenge?
His one liner was this and it's still live:

Of course it will be played at the hall

He doesn't need to reply.

1. Because he deleted his post.
2. People like him never make an effort / get involved
3. He's probably a troll... I find it hard to believe that anybody can be stupid enough to post what he posts
I'm with you all the way on points 2&3, but his post is still there and not deleted.

You know what?
For the first time in 60 years, I don't care about the upcoming season.
I just hope we have a club that will come back instantly from National South in 24-25.
Pessimistic?
Jeez! You'd need to be the eternal optimist to imagine us finishing close to where we did last season.
IF by January we are embargo free, it will need all resources to just avoid the drop.
If you were to search engine the most popular phrases on the Zone over the last six months, you'd get short odds on 1) F••• Ron!' and 2) Can it get any worse?

I cant open the article so am confused. If we don't obtain the safety certificate what happens?

A) the game is played behind closed doors
B) the game is played with a reduced attendance with some sections or stands closed
C) the game is postponed and played at a later date (which the club may welcome)
D) the game as the title suggests could be played at a neutral venue or the fixture reversed and played at Oldham

I cant open the article so am confused. If we don't obtain the safety certificate what happens?

A) the game is played behind closed doors
B) the game is played with a reduced attendance with some sections or stands closed
C) the game is postponed and played at a later date (which the club may welcome)
D) the game as the title suggests could be played at a neutral venue or the fixture reversed and played at Oldham
IF we don't get the Safety Certificate renewed tomorrow, then I would imagine option D is most likely - Away to Oldham. If that is the case it will be garbage for our travelling support.

IF we don't get the Safety Certificate renewed tomorrow, then I would imagine option D is most likely - Away to Oldham. If that is the case it will be garbage for our travelling support.
I think option (c) is favourite, RHB. Asking Oldham to stage a game that would get close to a five figure gate at such short notice would be quite a task. You could be right though, I just have my doubts.

I wouldn't want to start the season with a run of away games either, tbh.

Back