• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Van Gaal

Are you seriously suggesting that Di Maria is better than Messi or Ronaldo?

Interestingly,Menotti does.

“Di María is [currently] better than Messi,” Argentina’s World Cup-winning coach César Luis Menotti said this week."

Who am I to argue with the chain smoking one? :winking:

Welbeck is having a medical at Arsenal apparently so they must have changed their mind.

Could be wrong but i think this is a great transfer for all involved.

Welbeck is having a medical at Arsenal apparently so they must have changed their mind.

Could be wrong but i think this is a great transfer for all involved.

And MU have got Falcao in on loan (with a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season).

Certainly a better player than Welbeck.

Falcao is the best striker on Earth. Of course he is better than Welbeck. I don't get your point.

I'll believe that signing only when he kicks a ball for them. Think his medical won't be a formality and wonder if his wages have been finalised yet. He'd be paid far mare than anyone in England unless he is taking a huge paycut.

Hope it happens as a neutral.

Falcao is the best striker on Earth. Of course he is better than Welbeck. I don't get your point.

I'll believe that signing only when he kicks a ball for them. Think his medical won't be a formality and wonder if his wages have been finalised yet. He'd be paid far mare than anyone in England unless he is taking a huge paycut.

Hope it happens as a neutral.

Scroll back to see the point.

I meant to add "when fit" to my post.

You're right to raise doubts as to his present level of fitness.

I wonder if he's going to magically fail his medical at the 11th hour and it be too late for him to join any of their rivals.....

I wonder if he's going to magically fail his medical at the 11th hour and it be too late for him to join any of their rivals.....

Doubt it, what Man U lack defensively they will make up for with that signing. It isn't like they can't afford him either.

As an England fan, I'm pleased to see Welbeck moving to Arsenal. He can only improve for playing under Wenger and may even be able to get some good understanding going with international team mates Wilshere, Oxlade and Walcott.

Reckon this could be similar to Sturridge's move to Liverpool. Both played on the wing at old club with little goal return.

So he tells Wellbeck he can leave as he isn't in his plans but won't be allowed to join a top 6 club. What a **** !!!!!! Who the **** does he think he is, fine he can sell a player he doesn't want but he has no right to destroy the lads career by forcing him to join a smaller club

So...Man United fan now are we?

They obviously brought Falcao in for a reason. It was clear one of their other strikers was going to leave...:facepalm:

As an England fan, I'm pleased to see Welbeck moving to Arsenal. He can only improve for playing under Wenger and may even be able to get some good understanding going with international team mates Wilshere, Oxlade and Walcott.

Hopefully his goalscoring record will also improve.

"Welbeck scored 29 goals in 142 appearances for United."

Hopefully his goalscoring record will also improve.

"Welbeck scored 29 goals in 142 appearances for United."

He should certainly be more clinical in front of goal. However, it is also worth considering that he rarely played as an out-and-out striker for Man Utd and certainly didn't get the chance to boost his tally by taking penalties.

Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on at Arsenal.

You would all have a good laugh at Souness column in the Times yesterday. He is comparing Liverpool trying the 3-5-2 with Hansen/Lawrenson et al and failing and then reverted to 4-4-2 and winning the League. VG is an expert at moulding players to the system, not changing the system to suit the players. Man U will still do well this season.

Back