• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

University - Who went, dropped out, passed

At Salford Uni doing Physiotherapy. Looking towards a possible work placement with Bolton and Big Sam. Currently writing an essay about the structure about the NHS and a dissertation on the use of ultrasound to repair ankle ligaments (boring as hell).

Job prospects which were previously fantasic are now shi+e due to the lack of government funding and no junior physiotherapy posts!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Jan. 11 2006,20:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 11 2006,15:13)]I had a similar dissertation in my final year, and ended up having to do some serious editing as my first draft was over 12,000 words...
I doubt that surprises any Shrimperzone regulars  
laugh.gif
I was thinking the exact same.
wink.gif
oops.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Jan. 11 2006,19:15)]Just don't p*ss the last year away!
I doubt I will. I did that in my first year! That was a bloody good year.

Went to Swansea and got a politics degree. How did I use it - by becoming a primary school teacher. What a valuable use of three years of my life!!

Incidently I had a bizarre experience at university - one night after a union p%&s up, I was waiting for a taxi outside the main campus building in Swansea. A group of blokes stumbled by singing various Southend songs. Turned out one was a fan, and after a number of entertaining renditions of various songs, we went our separate ways.

Didn't speak to the guy again. Anyone know a fan who went to Swansea between 1997 and 2000?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 11 2006,13:45)]Went to Cardiff Uni back in the days where Polytechnics were not called Universities
interestingly, my current university has changed its name from anglia polytechnic university to anglia ruskin university as they believed the name polytechnic was degrading?!? staggering! its an absolute hole of a uni and yes, it is a polytechnic and always will be - its too small to ever become a university.

to answer the immediate question - i am at university, have been for the last bloody 7 and a half years and finish in six months. i already have a job working for an architects which appropriately is what i am reading

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Jan. 11 2006,23:12)]to answer the immediate question - i am at university, have been for the last bloody 7 and a half years and finish in six months. i already have a job working for an architects which appropriately is what i am reading
7 years?! I take it thats how long your course is, not that you've had to resit any years?

My mate's just finished an Architecture Masters Degree at APU. You based in Chelmsford?

It's a waste of time. There's really no advantage these days in striving to be being a graduate unless you desire to pursue a career in medicine or engineeering. No other employee cares ...

WS
Jávea

That isn't quite true.

Anyway, University is a life experiance. Well worth the £20,000 debt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Jan. 12 2006,00:01)]It's a waste of time. There's really no advantage these days in striving to be being a graduate unless you desire to pursue a career in medicine or engineeering. No other employee cares ...

WS
Jávea
...or law. You cannae be a lawyer if you haven't got a degree.

Matt

Pretty much without exception all my graduate friends earn far more than all my non-Graduate friends.

I'm an exception to that, but thats mainly due to my own lethargy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 11 2006,23:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Jan. 11 2006,23:12)]to answer the immediate question - i am at university, have been for the last bloody 7 and a half years and finish in six months. i already have a job working for an architects which appropriately is what i am reading
7 years?! I take it thats how long your course is, not that you've had to resit any years?

My mate's just finished an Architecture Masters Degree at APU. You based in Chelmsford?
or 'ARU' as they now like to be known! indeed, i am based in chelmsford, there is another campus in cambridge but its rather small in comparison to chelmsford - which is saying something! the architecture degree is an 8 year course which results in a BA. dont think i could handle doing a masters after that - your mate must have some dedication. if you dont mind, whats your friends name? i know a few who finished last year but they were not masters students, just wondered if the name would ring any bells
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Jan. 12 2006,23:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 11 2006,23:24)]
[b said:

or 'ARU' as they now like to be known! indeed, i am based in chelmsford, there is another campus in cambridge but its rather small in comparison to chelmsford - which is saying something! the architecture degree is an 8 year course which results in a BA. dont think i could handle doing a masters after that - your mate must have some dedication. if you dont mind, whats your friends name? i know a few who finished last year but they were not masters students, just wondered if the name would ring any bells
smile.gif
I'll pm you his name
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Jan. 13 2006,00:37)]Still at Essex Uni, 2nd year, doing media degree,
That's a nothing degree
tounge.gif

its a BA hons and its not just media! It also involves alot over theory work and exams. I was going to take a degree in Football studies as you get F.A coaching badges and develop a further understanding into the game, but i may do that once i've finished my current one. Only downside is there is that i'd have to go to Wycombe, seems a very intresting course.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back