• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

U2....best band in general?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 04 2006,08:32)]U2 they are just an Irish copy of the Alarm who had a better publicist.
What the hell are you on?

68 guns wasn't a patch on any of U2's early years. New Years Day was a defining 80's classic as were the albums Boy & October. The Alarm were a pub band at best and yes I did see them at the Cliffs many years ago and yes it was a good gig but to say that U2 were copying them is very silly indeed. Where are The Alarm now pray do tell and U2 are still doing the business. Vertigo was the knackers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Dec. 04 2006,18:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 04 2006,08:32)]U2 they are just an Irish copy of the Alarm who had a better publicist.
What the hell are you on?

68 guns wasn't a patch on any of U2's early years. New Years Day was a defining 80's classic as were the albums Boy & October. The Alarm were a pub band at best and yes I did see them at the Cliffs many years ago and yes it was a good gig but to say that U2 were copying them is very silly indeed. Where are The Alarm now pray do tell and U2 are still doing the business. Vertigo was the knackers.
I thought it was a strange comment too, but heard the sound of a fishing line being cast as I read it for the second time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Dec. 04 2006,18:54)]Where are The Alarm now pray do tell and U2 are still doing the business. Vertigo was the knackers.
Mike Peters is in remission from his 2nd bout of cancer. they have just sold out their 13th (i think) annual 3 dayer over the new year,
They had a single chart last year (under the name the Poppy Fields as no one would take a punt on a bunch of old men  
sad.gif
 ) and followed it up with a chart album earlier this year.

Still gigging regularly as well

Back