• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Ruff is the type of player we've been signing for the last couple of years - we have a team full of Charlie Ruffs. Don't we need a couple of more experienced league players - not a team full - just a couple - to balance things up and give us that little bit of experience that perhaps we're sometimes missing?

Charlie Ruff is the type of player we've been signing for the last couple of years - we have a team full of Charlie Ruffs. Don't we need a couple of more experienced league players - not a team full - just a couple - to balance things up and give us that little bit of experience that perhaps we're sometimes missing?
TBF we have plenty of experienced players at this level too- nonetheless we need a couple of proven additions in a couple of positions even if that requires a bit of investment.

I'd like us to try and get Dackers on a permanent move this summer, he has bags of potential and will make a breakthrough soon.

I think we should be looking at players a level above where we are if we want to improve our squad, we have the core of a playoff squad however one or two quality additions would make a massive difference.

Next season will be between us, Oldham and possibly Rochdale to go up automatically, Oldham won't get it so wrong 2 seasons on the bounce surely

If Boredom Wood go down, I wonder if we would go after Tshimanga? In this second spell there he has 4 in 11 games.

Didn't score today and we marshalled him well, but he does have something to prove and offers something different from what we already have.

I'd like us to try and get Dackers on a permanent move this summer, he has bags of potential and will make a breakthrough soon.

I think we should be looking at players a level above where we are if we want to improve our squad, we have the core of a playoff squad however one or two quality additions would make a massive difference.

Next season will be between us, Oldham and possibly Rochdale to go up automatically, Oldham won't get it so wrong 2 seasons on the bounce surely
If Dackers is the best that our recruitment dept can cone up with I’d be very concerned. He shows glimpses like he did at Solihull but we won’t get promoted with him as one of our strikers

charlie ruffs name keeps being mentioned The only question i have is its all well and good scoring plenty for chelmsford .But is he a part time player .If so what says he would cut it as a full time pro . There has been some saying the part time players we have brought in are not good enough .So would ruff be good enough as well .Just a question not a moan .
I would say the players we have brought in are good enough. They just need time to adjust to being full time footballers.

Last edited:
There names on the whiteboard of course . But wouldn’t be surprised there be more added once teams announced there retained list to see what other surprises may come available.

But the positive is we have got a very good core of the squad with a few more solid additions to add competition for places will be nice for next season for us to give it a real good go 🤞

I have personally changed my stance and opinion on Collin and I think Kev probably has too. I always thought we needed someone experienced and Justham really fitted the bill. I thought it was imperative that we obtained a new keeper. My views have changed solely based on what I have seen from Collin over the months since his injury.

He was clearly destined for a different journey previously but circumstances have thrown him into this opportunity and he has flourished.

Kev once had Arnie and the Norwich keeper in, which meant Collin was third choice. I always felt that Kev never thought Collin was ready and was always looking for an experienced head.

However, since he has come in, he has improved massively. He was and is, a great shot stopper but he had weaknesses. Those weaknesses have improved immensely. He now comes for crosses and is really strong and commanding. His ball playing style is integral to the way we play and this has improved too.

Additionally, his stats don't lie. The clean sheets are not luck. There are some that don't believe in stats so just simply watching him tells you how good he has become. I've said for several weeks to the lads I go footy with that he is now ahead of the queue for players that could get a big move. He is the modern day keeper that most sides play with. His biggest issue is fitness and maybe mentality to training. I know a few have mentioned that Kev wasn't happy with that previously.

I honestly feel we need to concentrate on other areas of the pitch before worrying about the GK situation. If Collin is our number 1 next season, I'll be happy. I never thought I'd say that. Well done to that man!
Great summary.

I have to remember at times the boy is 20, he plays likes he's 30! His shot stopping is prem level, the rest of the basics ( coming off line, crosses, commanding area) he is really strong on and we aren't a prem team needing a Pirlo in goals for kicking.

If he continues with us for a couple more years and keeps getting better I think he will certainly be up there with the best keepers we have had over the last 25 years and we have really been spoilt for excellent keepers in that time - Flavs, Bentley, Royce, Daniels and Bart 😂

Would be after their #19 though

Not for me.

Portugese winger.

He is Eric Sousa, was at Grimsby when they went up last season before last, scored the winner for them at their place in our 1-0 defeat, but very in and out. never held done a place for any league club he has been at, handful of appearances at best.

Wouldn't add anything to what we have at present imo.

Not for me.

Portugese winger.

He is Eric Sousa, was at Grimsby when they went up last season before last, scored the winner for them at their place in our 1-0 defeat, but very in and out. never held done a place for any league club he has been at, handful of appearances at best.

Wouldn't add anything to what we have at present imo.
I wonder if someone like that might be a good signing as a depth piece: offering something different from the bench. Not everyone you sign needs to be a starter. We definitely need more game changers from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back