• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trains on strike again - Whole week this time!

I don't know where you work, but pay offers are something where it is easy to demonstrate the advantage of trade unions.

It is easy for a management class to apply, impose etc pay deals on individuals. With a recognised union they have to collectively bargain.

I am sure you aren't aware of the vagaries of your contract or elements of employment law - most of us aren't. So as an individual your employer can pull the wool over your eyes to speak. It's harder with trained and professional trade union negotiator.

I got 4% (normal was 3% I got more for exceptional performance!?!) last year. The year before it was 5%, to be fair they've been laying people off so its hard to justify giving everyone else a pay rise.

Thank god I use C2C.

It's like Hart to Hart - they just get along and make the world a better place while they are at it.

I'm loving it not only will i get my train ticket money back but my work have agreed to pay me 41p a mile to travel to our offices in Harlow in my own car. So i'll make £220 that week.

Thank god I use C2C.

It's like Hart to Hart - they just get along and make the world a better place while they are at it.

You may not be saying that next week. With the previous strikes I think a few working from homes, holidays and sickies were taken but for a week I think the influx will be pandamonium.

Strike timetable has been released. 1 train an hour like last time.

I think passengers should protest to the train drivers - give em the bird as the train comes into the station. (not on strike days obviously)

Strike is off according to e-mail from Nat Exp. I still think should give drivers the bird though.

Back