• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Torquay in trouble

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Wonder how their brainless yoofs are feeling... 'going bust in the morning' not so funny now is it.

For the record, I hope their club survives this.

The sooner our takeover is completed we will all be a lot happier.With Torquay and recently Rochdale all struggling financially is all very unsettling

A very dislikable club, but still would never wish that on them, even if they were revealing in our predicament and wishing us to go bust to help them out.
A few of them were but let's not fall into the trap of tarring everyone with the same brush. Good luck to them. I'd rather have a Torquay in the EFL than a rich person's plaything with no history like Salford, Fleetwood or FGR.

A few of them were but let's not fall into the trap of tarring everyone with the same brush. Good luck to them. I'd rather have a Torquay in the EFL than a rich person's plaything with no history like Salford, Fleetwood or FGR.
..and MK Dons..splitters !

Living not far from Torquay, I know a number of Gulls fans. I spoke to many about our predicament - they were sympathetic and hoped we escaped it. Yes there are many morons on Twitter -and no shortage of them in the live fan-base who choose to stand as close to the away supporters as possible to wind them up.

But your average Torquay fan is like we were just a few months ago. Decent people, supporting their home-town club - Worried it is going to fold, that people will lose jobs, that their town will lose part of its identity.

It’s disappointing to see several Southend fans enjoying the Torquay situation on the basis it allows them to settle an online score. And who cares about what some of their fans in the crowd chanted - the wonderful Cav Miley settled that one at the time. Please try and remember most Gulls are like us, didn’t want Southend to fold and are now looking down the barrel of oblivion. We know all too well how that feels. If it happening satisfies your honour with the twitterati - and all those good people losing their club is just acceptable collateral damage - good luck to you. But it’s not a good look.

It just goes to prove you never know what is round the corner.

Always get some stupid people following clubs especially those wishing we went broke but I hope they survive.

I had a soft spot for Torquay United years ago ........when they used to play their home games on a Saturday night . I think they used to kick off at 7.15 pm.

With my in-laws previously residing in Livermead Torquay away was always a no brainer so I have a soft spot for them.

Barely anyone in the Premier League gives a flying ****. I’m still waiting for the day when the financial bubble bursts at the top. That’s the only way life will change.

I was all set to press like ,agreeing totally up to Forest Green. I like eating meat but have to say their owner is doing a wonderfully unselfish job there.
Fylde and Wrexham make much more sense.

Back