• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top SZ Posters

Who's the best?

• Matt the Shrimp - 12,623 (9.94 ppd)

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Xàbia Shrimper - 11,858 (15.67 ppd)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The General - 11,237 (8.83 ppd)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Napster - 9,868 (7.77 ppd)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • * ORM * - 8,831 (7.01 ppd and falling)

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
I don't think I'll be that far behind you judging by how my job has panned out since July. Life is too short and all that...........

Take the bull by the horns and go for it. I'd rather be actively seeking work then waking up despising it. I've already had a couple of promising phone calls.

I don't think Mrs ORM sees it in the same light, mortgage, bills, £400+ a month for the car etc :D

Take the bull by the horns and go for it. I'd rather be actively seeking work then waking up despising it. I've already had a couple of promising phone calls.

I don't think Mrs ORM sees it in the same light, mortgage, bills, £400+ a month for the car etc :D

Well I've had 3 unsuccessful interviews already (in jobs as in pulling, I always have seemed to just miss out!!!) and I have another 2 early next week.

My ideal would be to finish my notice the day before my birthday & a stag weekend I'm going on (why take holiday???) so that means next Thursday is my D-Day for joyously telling them I quit!

I know what you mean, the Mrs is none too keen on me jumping ship without another concrete offer but as far as I'm concerned if I stay and wait, other various worse things may just happen!

Take the bull by the horns and go for it. I'd rather be actively seeking work then waking up despising it.

It does seem to be the time of year for this sort of thing. I joined the company I work for approximately 10 months ago and was promised an illustrious career as an Accountant in one the Countries leading pharmaceutical companies.

However, it now appears that the department is woefully understaffed. The managers are less qualified than myself and make the most inept decisions known to man. I really dont know how the managers here have kept their jobs let alone their perks. Knowing that they drive home in a brand new BMW, Lexus etc as they perform so poorly and generally lie to get cover themselves makes me sick to the stomach.

You may well be seeing many more posts from me as being a conscientious worker I've been lurking but not posting due to time constraints. I feel that this is about to change!Time to throw hat back into the job market ring me thinks.

Blimey I dont know where that vitriolic attack came from, I clearly must have had something on my mind. i feel calm now though.

Last edited:
It does seem to be the time of year for this sort of thing. I joined the company I work for approximately 10 months ago and was promised an illustrious career as an Accountant in one the Countries leading pharmaceutical companies.

However, it now appears that the department is woefully understaffed. The managers are less qualified than myself and make the most inept decisions known to man. I really dont know how the managers here have kept their jobs let alone their perks. Knowing that they drive home in a brand new BMW, Lexus etc as they perform so poorly and generally lie to get cover themselves makes me sick to the stomach.

You may well be seeing many more posts from me as being a conscientious worker I've been lurking but not posting due to time constraints. I feel that this is about to change!Time to throw hat back into the job market ring me thinks.

Blimey I dont know where that vitriolic attack came from, I clearly must have had something on my mind. i feel calm now though.

You don't happen to work in Finance for IMS Health do you?

You don't happen to work in Finance for IMS Health do you?

No but we deal with IMS very frequently. Its a privately owned company in Basildon which is one of the top ten pharmaceutical companies in the UK.

I reckon you could get it from that description and I just hope that they dont read SZ otherwise I'll be looking for a new job quicket than planned.

No but we deal with IMS very frequently. Its a privately owned company in Basildon which is one of the top ten pharmaceutical companies in the UK.

I reckon you could get it from that description and I just hope that they dont read SZ otherwise I'll be looking for a new job quicket than planned.

OK, just wondered as my mate is one of the bosses of the IMS Health finance team in London. It would have been superb if one of his "underlings" [his words] felt that way about their job! To be honest since he started working in the pharmaceutical industry and once he became fully qualified he turned into the sort of uber-boss that we always joked at uni neither of us would ever turn into. To be honest he's morphing into his Dad!

Back