• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Ratings

Nope - definitely saw all those three things and made a mental note of it as I knew some would be on his case! May have missed the header because the brats behind me were being particularly annoying and I had to have stern words with them about trying to watch the game instead of punching hell out of each other and constantly kneeing me in the back in the process, and then later on missed what was happening when one of the little sh**s accidentally elbowed me in the head! Boy, am I glad I'm moving to the west next season!

Flahavan - 7 - Didnt have a great deal to do, had little chance with the goal
Francis - 7 - Attacked and Defended very well
Clarke - 7 - Usual performance, no nonsence at kicked a ball out the ground
Barrett - 7 - Same as Clarke but kept the ball in the ground
Mulgrew - 8 - MOTM for me very composed on the ball, superb set piece deliveries.
Walker - 7 - Would of been 6.5 if he hadnt of got the goal, looked a little out of place for me on the wing.
Moussa - 7 - Looks like he's going to be a fantastic player, possibly his best game for us, maybe should of scored.
Macca - 7 - Looked a little scared to put a tackle in, didnt want to get injured or suspended.
Robson - Kanu - 7.5 - Great first touch, dont think he was 100% though.
Revell - 6 - Very Dissapointing
Hooper - 7.5 - Looks a completly different player, so much stronger, looks up more when he has the ball, takes people on and makes great runs in behind.

Bailey - 8 - Got stuck in well, complete opposite to Macca
Gower - 8 - What a turn around in form, great running with the ball.
Barnard - 7.5 - Can't remember any clear cut chances for him but works extremly hard for the team

Far too generous, we were ****, all over the park, nobody whould get more than 6.5 IMHO

Sixes all round apart from the following
Darryl 5 - a very uninspiring display
Clarkey 7.5 solid
Barrett 5.5 plays the sweeper role so well. just a shame we don't play a sweeper system - lucky to stay on the pitch imo
Moose - 7 the one midfielder that put himself about - marked for effort more than quality but this boy has a great future.

Moussa was the only midfielder who looked up for it, the rest seemed worried about getting injured which is understandable.

My ratings

Flahavan 5 - no communication, indecisive and nowhere near the free-kick again. Same as most weeks then.
Francis 6 - quiet game.
Mulgrew 6 - found it a lot harder to pick out his trademark passes due to the lack of movement in front of him.
Barrett 6 - hopefully will have just as quiet a day on Friday. Missed an excellent chance first half when he put his unmarked header over.
Clarke 7 - rarely troubled by woeful opponents, looked dangerous when he played up front towards the end and played an excellent through ball to Walker which suggested he's been played out of position at centre-half all this time!
McCormack 6 - I thought he was the only midfielder on his toes first half.
Moussa 5 - too static and failed to impose himself on inferior opponents. For all his qualities, I think we'll concede midfield more often than not with him in the team unless he adds a lot more energy to his game and gets in opponent's faces.
Robson-Kanu 5 - looked much better up front than whenever I've seen him on the wing
Walker 6 - I'd assumed Scannell would play wide-right and it took me 15 minutes to realise Walker was out there. Looked a lot better up front, but on the rare occasions he saw the ball he demonstrated good strength and skill. Took his goal expertly and celebrated accordingly.
Revell 6 - put himself about, winning numerous headers and some good link play without ever looking like scoring, despite taking numerous ambitious shots.
Hooper 5 - Still seems go missing IMHO. Inferior set-up play to Revell, his trump card was supposed to be his goalscoring but had a tame back-pass first half and second half ducked a pinpoint Bailey cross. I'd be very interested in swapping him for whoever created all those goals for him at Hereford.

Subs
Bailey 6 - looked to be preserving his energy, although offered occasional glimpses of his POTY form.
Gower 8 - a breath of fresh air when he came on when he demonstrated why he is - and has been for the last 5 seasons - one of our best players. The longer he stayed on the bench, the more his contract demands could have risen.
Barnard 6 - added much needed movement to a largely static team.

Moussa was the only midfielder who looked up for it, the rest seemed worried about getting injured which is understandable.

Yeah that was the first game where I've been mildly impressed by Moussa. Starting to see the potential in him a bit more now.

Mulgrew & Francis did well. And I thought Gower looked good when he came on too. Livened up the team no end.

Though admittedly, it didn't take much.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back