• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No, not at all. I think it'd be quite disrespectful to say every team in the Conference plays like that because, well, they don't!

where did i say every team in the conference plays like that?, we talking about todays game, both teams play a different type of football, Southend are much faster, more skillfull, stronger, so its much harder for the lower div teams to time there tackles,

not asking you to agree just my thoughts

I saw Crawley play a couple of times last season and they were nothing like what we saw today - in fact they were a neat little footballing side. Today they were a bunch of thugs who should be ashamed of themselves - a terrible advert for the conference.

Worth the trip just for DtS mauling of Ashley Bayes. Bayes won't sleep very well tonight - excellent old school keeper abuse. I tend to agree with Andy_S on the game, there were a few tackles flying in that weren't needed in a pre-season game and Hammell's injury looked bad. I think that was the spark that lit the brawl later on in the half - Foran steamed in after Pinault kicked out at Macca but to be fair it was going off all over the place so why he was singled out I don't really know.

One thing that was clear to me is that we're ****ed if we start the season with our current lineup of forwards. MacDonald was totally anonymous and after his big build up to the game I was very disappointed. Matt Harrold looked League 2 at best while Bradbury looks more likely to internally combust than actually have a shot - likewise JCR a cross actually. We appear to have learnt nothing from last season and our toothless attack is back for another season. Hooper looked the only bright spark - he got the final touch for the first goal and looked lively. Obviously we all need to support the team but this board is all about opinions..and mine is that we need another striker double quick.

What a terrible friendly, which looks to have given us a major problem, losing Hammell, I was absolutely sickened by the challenge, I thought Warren Goodhind was back!!

Tyrone Thompson = ****ing ****er

p.s. I hope Crawley go down this year

Tyrone Thompson = ****ing ****er

p.s. I hope Crawley go down this year

Very true, Thompson IS a ******, and I also hope that bunch of thugs with their fat crooked manager go down.

Hammell's injury is even more worrying considering how badly Wilson played, although to be fair no-one played particularly well. What's the point in adding to the squad when the opposition are hell bent on injuring our players as fast as we sign them!

Oh and:

1) Che vs JJ Melligan next week then...?

2) Ashley Bayes is a clown. Can't stand the ****.

3) We hate Evans more than you.

4) And I told you Hooper was quality. Still gutted he didn't sign for us.

Oh and:

1) Che vs JJ Melligan next week then...?
it'll probably behunty or gilber depending on which side either goes my guess is.
-----------Flavs
Hunt Barrett Richards Gilbert
JCR Maher Macca(Bailey) Gower
---Hoops New fast, great established league one goalscorer or bradbury:(

Wiggy, did you go today? If you didn't how can you comment on Richards?

If you did, how can you rate him after one game?

Yes i did go and i can rate him as not good enough because he got absolutely slaughtered a couple of times against Conference thugs. By the way could you be bothered to get away from the keyboard and go to the match?

How did Charlie mac play? Hardly mentioned in the match report and a bit worrying he hasn't scored in open play yet

Feel a bit sorry for him as he is getting the Steve Tilson route1 treatment and playing alongside the ginger version of Danny Webb, only Freddy could cope with that!

Feel a bit sorry for him as he is getting the Steve Tilson route1 treatment and playing alongside the ginger version of Danny Webb, only Freddy could cope with that!

Was gonna back AFC Wimbledon to win there league, all bets now off, just found out Danny Webb is there!

"where did i say every team in the conference plays like that?, we talking about todays game, both teams play a different type of football, Southend are much faster, more skillfull, stronger, so its much harder for the lower div teams to time there tackles"

Oh that's like Maldon GWR and Witham then.

Back