• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly could shake it up tomorrow....

Basically Hammell will start and probably Hooper will come in with Morgan on the wing. That means about half the team changes position.

i'll assume richards is back... as he isn't mentioned, and so i would give serious thought to dropping maher and barrett for this game and seeing how francis does on the right wing

Got a feeling Maher will be dropped. Hammell back at left back, Francis in on the right wing. Morgan and Macdonald up front again. Though Gower and Hunt will be lucky to keep their places.

Barrett wont be dropped for performance reasons.

Heres your 4 year contract, now get on the bench!

I wouldnt mind seeing him or Clarke rested for this game to give Richards a game though, Id actually prefer Barrett and Richards as two hoof merchants at the back fills me with fear.

There “could” be changes but then again there could just be changes that are forced on us by injuries.

The fact that there are no soundbites from Tilly in the article just makes it look like filler on a slow news day.

I have a feeling Flavs may get a start in the cup tomorrow.

Also, if Tilly knows Morgan is off to Leeds (or anywhere else), is it worth him playing him tomorrow?

A real shame Scannell can't play, would have been a perfect game to blood him in.

Also, if Tilly knows Morgan is off to Leeds (or anywhere else), is it worth him playing him tomorrow?

A real shame Scannell can't play, would have been a perfect game to blood him in.

I'd blood Scannell away from home, away from the boo-boys.

Playing him against a team that everyone will expect us to be 2-0 up against inside 10 minutes wouldn't be the ideal debut.

Yeah the Flavs idea is a good one, after all Collis was getting cup games before.

As YB says might be worth Scannell getting a run out away from home first, I pity any player who comes on at the moment. On Tuesday I had an idiot behind screaming at Hooper for being a lazy **** for simply not getting on the end of a rubbish pass that went off the pitch. Thats not really a good atmosphere for Scannell to come into.

Stick Darryl up front! Gotta be a credible alternative to the crap we've seen of late.

Play him on the wing, where his ability to stay as close to the line as possible may be of some benefit and his aerial prowess won't be called into question. He may also be better with crosses when he's on the other end of them.

(Love you really Darryl)

:rolleyes:

Agreed he would probably put another 1,000 on the gate, but now people like me are going to think Hooper, Mac or Harrold up front.... 'am I going to see a goal?'

I'd blood Scannell away from home, away from the boo-boys.

Playing him against a team that everyone will expect us to be 2-0 up against inside 10 minutes wouldn't be the ideal debut.

As YB says might be worth Scannell getting a run out away from home first, I pity any player who comes on at the moment.

I take the point and suppose I have to agree... but what a very sad state of affairs.

Hammell in at left-back, Richards and Barrett in the middle, Hunt at right-back. Maher dropped to the bench, leaving Bailey and Macca in the centre of midfield. Francis on the right, Morgan on the left, Harrold and Charlie up-front. Bench of Shorty, Maher, Black, Hooper and Clarke.

I take the point and suppose I have to agree... but what a very sad state of affairs.

Yes it is, Im getting fed up of the negativity in the stands throughout the season (and prior to our recent poor form).

Agreed he would probably put another 1,000 on the gate, but now people like me are going to think Hooper, Mac or Harrold up front.... 'am I going to see a goal?'

Thats part of the problem, the chap is straight from non-league and needs time to adjust, if 1,000 people turn up expecting to see him blow them away then their expectations are too high which will result in disappointment.

Back