• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket allocation for chelsea

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Im wondering how its going to work. As a non seaso i was so lucky a mate got me a ticket. How are they going to allocate tickets for this one.

With only 2000 going to chelsea lots of there fans will try and get tickets in the home ends.

I can see more dissapointment and trouble ahead.

Probably be much the same as the ticket arrangements for the away game. Although when tickets reach general sale they will probably only be sold to people whose name is on the ticketing system (to avoid Chelsea fans getting in the home end).

Should be the same as was planned for general sale of the away allocation - only people who have been to at least one home game this season need apply. I know that will upset some others, but it's the best way of keeping the home stands more or less Chelski free. From a business standpoint it also makes far more sense to keep your current customers happy than those who have purchased in years past.

Last edited:
A fair few will go on general sale, that's for sure. Getting on for 4,000 I'd have thought?

Will have to go on sale this week. How will thye do it will it be like the manu game with tickets going on sale at 9am and everyone queuing all night. Must say with the cold weather at the moment that might not be the best option, was cold enough for the maun game and that was in october.

I hope they DON'T make a Crewe a voucher match. If you remember we had people buying tickets for the Hull game (voucher for Man U) and not even going into the ground but camping outside.

I hope they DON'T make a Crewe a voucher match. If you remember we had people buying tickets for the Hull game (voucher for Man U) and not even going into the ground but camping outside.

I know you hope they don't, but I hope they do. Frankly the more money we can make from this the better.

If they do what they planned for the general sale of the away tie - i.e no sales at the ticket office, all via phone, then I think that is fairer as everyone has the same chance and doesnt have to risk the sub-zero conditions!

They said they were going to draft in more people to man the lines for the general sale, so cannot see why they cannot do that again. Queuing will be madness...

If they use the Crewe stub they should do it one day for people with four stubs inc. Crewe, next day three studs inc. Crewe etc.

This of course would be too difficult because it would not involve everybody with a Crewe stub standing for hours in the car park with local Chelsea fans that happen to have brought a Crewe ticket but not attended.

Obviously this would be after STH's, sponsors, players family, friends, neighbours and people close to them in the phonebook.

Im wondering how its going to work. As a non seaso i was so lucky a mate got me a ticket. How are they going to allocate tickets for this one.

With only 2000 going to chelsea lots of there fans will try and get tickets in the home ends.

Wont they be given all the north bank? Whats the point of having to leave a whole block empty for segregation if they're going to stick our loy in there as well.

Wont they be given all the north bank? Whats the point of having to leave a whole block empty for segregation if they're going to stick our loy in there as well.

We gave Man United the whole North Bank 2,500 tickets. No reason why we won't give the same to Chelsea.

So out of 12,200 seats 2,500 for away fans, 250 segregation, 750 comps, staff, players etc, 5,000 season ticket holders, 200 Team Cardholders = 8,700

So Probably less than 3,500 for 'general sale', could be even less than that if Shareholders get a priority as well.

A few people I know are going to get half season tickets to guarantee a Chelsea ticket.

A fair few will go on general sale, that's for sure. Getting on for 4,000 I'd have thought?

Be surprised if it's anywhere near this amount James. For the Man u game we ended up giving them nearly 3,000 for the whole of the north bank due to safety issues, i.e. they must have 2 exits etc. 6,000 will go to S.T.H., shareholders, sponsors etc like yesterday, which will leave 2,000 - 2,500 for everyone else. Having your name on the ticket data base seems to be the fairest way but even on that basis many regulars will miss out. For example because i work in southend i always go down to the club shop and get tickets for me and my sons who attend with me. Trouble is their names dont have a ticket purchase on them for this season! Off thread, had a great drinking session before and after yesterdays game with Jaffa. He sends his best regards to you.

Be surprised if it's anywhere near this amount James. For the Man u game we ended up giving them nearly 3,000 for the whole of the north bank due to safety issues, i.e. they must have 2 exits etc. 6,000 will go to S.T.H., shareholders, sponsors etc like yesterday, which will leave 2,000 - 2,500 for everyone else. Having your name on the ticket data base seems to be the fairest way but even on that basis many regulars will miss out. For example because i work in southend i always go down to the club shop and get tickets for me and my sons who attend with me. Trouble is their names dont have a ticket purchase on them for this season! Off thread, had a great drinking session before and after yesterdays game with Jaffa. He sends his best regards to you.

Nuts, didn't think about the North Bank segregation issue - good point. Oh well, fun and games await us non-seasos again!

Highest crowds at Roots Hall since being all seater are as follows:-

11,735 Yeovil, 30th April 2005
11,532 Man United, 7th November 2006
11,415 Ipswich, 21st October 2006
11,402 Canvey Island, 10th December 2000 (officially Canvey Islands highest 'home' crowd).
11,387 Bristol City, 6th May 2006
11,274 Leeds, 17th March 2007

Not sure if I have missed any. But can't see the Chelsea crowd being higher than the Yeovil crowd. For the Yeovil game there was no segregation between the fans just a line of stewards.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back