• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

Not sure what pitches are like, but we recently put in a new planning application to amend the layout of the temporary buildings, so guessing they won't be in place until planning is resolved.
If they are only temporary buildings can't we save some money and use the original plans for now and make sure the permanent ones are how they want them?

If they are only temporary buildings can't we save some money and use the original plans for now and make sure the permanent ones are how they want them?
The original plans had a permanent building - I guess that would take many months and plenty of ££££'s to construct, I hope we get to see this at some point, but fear we won't (unless the fabled £20m from appears?).

I don't think there is anything stopping us installing the temporary buildings in their original configuration and then moving them when/if we receive permission for the new configuration - but that will presumably cost more money to shift them around.

A permanent building on the training ground could be made off site ie the same construction of a pre built house .shipped in on lorrys and bolted together.

There is loads of derelict half built houses 400m away from the training ground, someone could probably make some pretty decent training facility buildings out of those materials!

Are there any pictures? Have we got temp buildings in place do we know? Great news we are over there, that will help with injuries for sure as I know they said the training pitches were not helping at B&L and were in very poor condition.
No temporary buildings yet. There have been a couple of small cabins there for a number of weeks, that I assume they are using for kit. It looks like they have come over in a minibus!

No temporary buildings yet. There have been a couple of small cabins there for a number of weeks, that I assume they are using for kit. It looks like they have come over in a minibus!
I think the last we heard they had a planning application in with Rochford Council for the temporary buildings.

@Shrimpergonzo was on the case about this.

I count 12 players out in the pitch, how does that stack against the injuries and speculation on others. Can’t see any keepers there, so if we include 2 that would leave us with 14 players that are fit and/or still/staying at the club currently.

I think the last we heard they had a planning application in with Rochford Council for the temporary buildings.

@Shrimpergonzo was on the case about this.
I exchanged correspondence with the planning officer at Rochford who said they were waiting for some more revised plans from the club. I checked their website earlier this week and it doesn't appear that anything further has been received yet.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back