• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Sale Of The Club Is Underway!

If any sale is underway, I only say if as I cant remember anyone reporting (media wise) of any interested parties, will the perspective owner have to pass the FA test for ownership (is that relevant for non league clubs?) if they do will that delay the process as that from what we have seen with football league clubs can take a while it seems
The FA test for ownership is currently pretty straightforward. I think they just can't have been disqualified from being a company director, or have been done for fraud.

Hence why, technically speaking, Ron is still a 'fit and proper owner' according to the football authorities. Safe to say that test needs a bit of work.

The FA test for ownership is currently pretty straightforward. I think they just can't have been disqualified from being a company director, or have been done for fraud.

Hence why, technically speaking, Ron is still a 'fit and proper owner' according to the football authorities. Safe to say that test needs a bit of work.
I thought they had updated it now and you had to pass it each year etc, didnt think it was a 5 minute job so to speak. Could take a week or two

But if it i as you say good as it will be quick if any interested parties are close

Sorry if i am sounding deflated / down on this issue, just it is hard to believe anything Rm says and therefore anyone he engages such as solicitors etc

You can Google clubs like Wrexham and Yeovil’s take over timelines. Gives you a good idea of what’s involved although I would think that Southend’s DD may well be far more complex and a tad longer to complete before Heads or a LOI is tabled.

You can Google clubs like Wrexham and Yeovil’s take over timelines. Gives you a good idea of what’s involved although I would think that Southend’s DD may well be far more complex and a tad longer to complete before Heads or a LOI is tabled.
I would think quite a few LOLs were tabled by prospective buyers at different stages when they heard aspects of info or costs back from Ron via the agents

Back