• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Sale Of The Club Is Underway!

The Sale of the Club is Underway. Revealed at the High Court Hearing today 17th May 2023.
Solicitors for the Club are working on the Project.

GREAT NEWS, COYB UTB
As someone pointed out on the echo, it’s up for sale and agents have been appointed, that doesn’t confirm any interest though.

I hope you’re right and I’m just too negative!

The Sale of the Club is Underway. Revealed at the High Court Hearing today 17th May 2023.

GREAT NEWS, COYB UTB
Forgive me if i am wrong, but agents being appointed means they are looking for someone, lie an estate agent. If Solicitors had been instructed to proceed with a sale i would think then we have found someone.

I thought Stan said he knew people who wanted to buy the club just before he got involved with us.

Does that actually mean any more than we already knew though? The club has been up for sale for months...... Or does it mean that a sales transaction is actually in progress?
I hope my enthusiasm is not Misguided. The quote says club Solicitors are working on this. Being the Ultimate Optimist I taking it as work in progress.

GREAT NEWS, COYB UTB

That’s the question I was asking earlier, was the judge presented with enough evidence to suggest that there is a a realistic chance of Southend wows being buried once and for all.

Not quite, this is not new information:

It was also disclosed in court that the sale of the club is underway.

The club’s solicitor said: “The sale of the club is underway and progress is being made.
Agents have been appointed."

Not quite, this is not new information:

It was also disclosed in court that the sale of the club is underway.

The club’s solicitor said: “The sale of the club is underway and progress is being made.
Agents have been appointed."

I’m other words it’s Ron’s statement. Nothing factual was actually presented in court today.

Forgive me if i am wrong, but agents being appointed means they are looking for someone, lie an estate agent. If Solicitors had been instructed to proceed with a sale i would think then we have found someone.

I thought Stan said he knew people who wanted to buy the club just before he got involved with us.

Solicitors could have been appointed to just prepare for a sale though. We’ve already seen debts reorganised, Martin Dawn plc cease to have significant control over SEL. A data room would need to be prepared for the Those words are banned etc

Solicitors being appointed would demonstrate intent to sale (especially as costs would be incurred) rather than a buyer necessarily being agreed.

I’m other words it’s Ron’s statement. Nothing factual was actually presented in court today.
However, Judge Mark Mullen agreed to give the National League club more time to pay.

He said: "It’s true to say this is the first hearing of this petition and there is evidence before me that the debt can be paid in a reasonable time.

The sale of the Club is underway. There are interested parties, who have shown proof of funds (that was revealed in court today). Some are further down the line then other.

When a sale will actually take place, who knows, but seems like this case will be dismissed come July 12th. Hopefully that’s by our new owners 🤞

Solicitors could have been appointed to just prepare for a sale though. We’ve already seen debts reorganised, Martin Dawn plc cease to have significant control over SEL. A data room would need to be prepared for the Those words are banned etc

Solicitors being appointed would demonstrate intent to sale (especially as costs would be incurred) rather than a buyer necessarily being agreed.
Yes agree an intent to sell but doesnt mean there is anyone to buy, thats what a statement is needed about

With the best will in the world i hope there is a buyer but i am sceptical. I thought SC said he knew people interested that was however before he got involved with the club

However, Judge Mark Mullen agreed to give the National League club more time to pay.

He said: "It’s true to say this is the first hearing of this petition and there is evidence before me that the debt can be paid in a reasonable time.
Yep that was said but it was said many times before an yet we still had other hearings until RM paid the 1.2 million or so. I just doubt a lot of things can’t blame me surely

Well what was being put infront of the judges before then .

The sale of the Club is underway. There are interested parties, who have shown proof of funds (that was revealed in court today). Some are further down the line then other.

When a sale will actually take place, who knows, but seems like this case will be dismissed come July 12th. Hopefully that’s by our new owners 🤞

I hope so mate, sooner rather than later.

I know from your previous posts that you are often on the money. I sincerely hope you are 100% bang on this time.

They better be rich, very very rich !! 💵 💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵

Back