• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The pitch

We had a terrible pitch a couple of seasons ago, when whole lumps of turf came up during tackles. I remember seeing some players thoughtfully return them to the resultant hole.

We had a terrible pitch a couple of seasons ago, when whole lumps of turf came up during tackles. I remember seeing some players thoughtfully return them to the resultant hole.
yep, I remember it coming up in huge slices like carpet crumpling up. Especially at goal kicks. I recal! one match where the away keeper in front of the South stand slipped when it rolled up and the big slice of turf flew up. Then he picked it up and threw it at the crossbar! all caused because it hadn't had time to knit under the surface. The pitch prep was delayed I think due to the firm delaying the start of the process to complete work at spurs (I think!)

Back