• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Olympic Games 2024 Paris

Looking forward to this as this Olympic’s should be so much better than the difficult one in Tokyo.

The Athletics usually delivers along with the swimming and cycling but for me one or two too many sports now competing none more so than football.

Looking forward to this as this Olympic’s should be so much better than the difficult one in Tokyo.

The Athletics usually delivers along with the swimming and cycling but for me one or two too many sports now competing none more so than football.
The break dancing should be good

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
It's a shame Discovery outbid BBC for the live feeds. BBC still get to show highlights and the big events live but being able to flick between anything used to be the best thing about the BBC's coverage.

I am actually enjoying it even though it is absolutely tipping it down and looking at all the countries being represented and never realised just how many I have been to

I quite enjoyed the early bits but turned off when the statues came through the plinths and by the sound of things I turned off at the right time

Last two hours was very good, particularly the horse which was amazing. Not so much the early stages. You couldn't properly see the athletes and they themselves missed out on the atmosphere of a stadium crowd, the highlight for any Olympian's career. Was quite disjointed in many parts which doesn't represent coming together. As for the bearded men running around in dresses ... seriously. Not enough relating to celebrating sport for me in this ceremony.

I wasn’t intending to watch any of the Olympics, just not my thing, much like Dion’s music. However I do follow the stories and her health battles, dignity and strength are all immense. Just watched the link to her part in the ceremony in admiration.

Last two hours was very good, particularly the horse which was amazing. Not so much the early stages. You couldn't properly see the athletes and they themselves missed out on the atmosphere of a stadium crowd, the highlight for any Olympian's career. Was quite disjointed in many parts which doesn't represent coming together. As for the bearded men running around in dresses ... seriously. Not enough relating to celebrating sport for me in this ceremony.
I felt sorry for the flag bearers too. The honour of parading their country's flag to the sounds of a cheering crowd was ruined. They didn't even parade, they stood still whist the boat paraded.

We watched a chunk of it and it was, well, it was French, that's what it was. If you understand the French then fine, if you struggle with that then obviously explanation subtitles are needed. They were in our case, until we jacked it in. A shame as I really like Celine Dion and I missed her in favour of 'We, who are about to die' on Amazon.

I've yet to see as complete an Olympics as London in 2012. We had tickets for the penultimate night and it was magical. The whole thing was a masterpiece from start to finish, in no small way, down to Danny Boyle. (Xenophobe are us)

I love the Olympics 😁 just watching the Hockey, GB v Spain. Absolutely love any sport that’s on during the Olympics.

Not sure how it’s been broadcast this time, last one was disappointing as it wasn’t all on BBC like most other years.

I felt sorry for the flag bearers too. The honour of parading their country's flag to the sounds of a cheering crowd was ruined. They didn't even parade, they stood still whist the boat paraded.
Especially after the last Olympics denied them due to covid. Empty stadiums and Masks.

I love the Olympics 😁 just watching the Hockey, GB v Spain. Absolutely love any sport that’s on during the Olympics.

Not sure how it’s been broadcast this time, last one was disappointing as it wasn’t all on BBC like most other years.
you should love watching the 23 chinese athletes who are allowed to compete after failing drug tests then .

Back