• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The new score board

Without knowing anything about this but when did this ever stop me or anyone else on SZ from commenting I'm sure the whole thing comes with softwear. The JD mentions Photoshop and my guess is that your standard person with some IT experience and knowledge will be able to knock up something pretty good. We'll see on Saturday.

COSU takeover has allowed the Commercial team a real platform to deliver for the Club for the coming season. Absolute professional approach and results clearly identifiable from the guys to date and I doubt that there isn't someone within the Club who has not already been trained on the Scoreboard usage and on standby for Aug 10th but ideally they want to appoint a dedicated operator. I know it will take some getting use to but we have to get our heads around that professionalism is making a come back at Roots Hall! 👏👏

The job description says that they'd need to be available for "most" rather than all matches. Unless the plan is to just not use the scoreboard if they're not around that suggests to me we already have people that can do the scoreboard if needed.

Seeing as you might not receive your season card before Saturday, unlike us in the 'Main' Stand, put your application in, you'll be guaranteed entry 😀
I'm already guaranteed entry, I've got a Mrs RHB, scary when needed.

You would of thought they might of advertised a little earlier as they might find no one any good and have no scoreboard

Another bloody crisis! How will we cope without a scoreboard. I can't stand it.
A new scoreboard, the Frank Walton clock telling the right time, tbh it’s all too much too soon for me. Why couldn’t we fix the clock this season and the scoreboard next? There seems no regard anymore for tradition and preserving the past….if the mushrooms have been removed from the gents then that’s me done….

I rather wish they’d stuck to traditional means of summoning assistance for the scoreboard and announced it over the tannoy.
You may not have been too near the West Stand Tannoy system of late (last season). I'm glad the web route was chosen to avoid permanent damage to ear drums.

Back