• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I too was surprised by Tilly's comments. He sounded like a beaten man - and that's not like him at all. If he thinks we're down, then we're probably doomed.

:cry: :(

I don't suppose he'll feel like that for too long. Probably still sufferring from disappointment at the time of the interview.

Come Saturday I'm sure he'll have picked everone up again.

Relegation seemed to kick in in the 65th minute yesterday when we went a goal down.

We desperately need to avoid defeat at Wednesday on Saturday - which if we had a 100% fit and available squad to choose from - we would do.

On the plus side after 14 games I charted our remaining games with required results to get us to 52 points, and we are 2 points ahead of my schedule (we were once 8 points behind it).

Probably a healthy dose of perspective there. We put ourselves in a great position to escape and we're still in that position. It's all about how you react to setbacks. Probably the most impressive performance in our situation I've ever seen was Carlisle's near escape some years back. Every time they conceded late or got beaten by a better team, they were straight out the next game looking to break the next team down as though each were literally a cup final. It's an old cliche but that's how we need to treat games.

Top report fbm. Can't argue with a word of that. Agree totally with the analogy of the QPR result as well - a very interesting opinion.

However, I'd probably give Foran a 9 and MOM for me personally. Maher had a good game tonight but I thought Foran was immense, considering also it was his first start.

Thats what I was going to say. great report, but Foran MOTM, also think Gower deserves the same rating as King Kev

Thats what I was going to say. great report, but Foran MOTM, also think Gower deserves the same rating as King Kev

Gower did put alot in workrate wise, but stiil certainly in the first half ...Passed to Nomands land on to many occasions.

fbm Quote:
Hunt made some really incisive passes in the second period to his credit.

Can't agree with that. In the second half Hunt's first touch was abysmal and as a result left him with very little opportunity to recover and make a decent pass. When he did get the ball under control he chose the wrong ball and this slowed down any move that was in progress.
Depite some decent performances in the last couple of months, Hunt will be found out at this level over 46 games because, quite simply, he isn't good enough.

Great report again FBM - very much on the same wavelength - a great thread all the way through in fact . I cannot agree with the appraisal or mark for Gower though , IMHO he started poorly ie. he gave possession away with his first 3 passes ( incl 1 headed pass ) and didnt really improve.

Great report again FBM - very much on the same wavelength - a great thread all the way through in fact . I cannot agree with the appraisal or mark for Gower though , IMHO he started poorly ie. he gave possession away with his first 3 passes ( incl 1 headed pass ) and didnt really improve.

I thought he did much better than I expected at Stoke in central midfield and much better than expected against Palace. Better than normal was the quality and speed of passing from midfield. Poorer than normal was the energy and tough tackling but you could see he was trying. I'm with fbm - can't give him an 8 because he wasn't really a standout player but he did a good job.

spot on report. ratings exactly right. hunt should not be in the team. i think we really miss francis's attacking play, overlaps etc. hunt does not do that and is no good going forward. i am not a fan of hunt and feel francis should be playing

The Crowds keep coming, another amazing turn out by the blues faithfull tonight. Bottom 3 since october and nearly 10,000 average home attendance.

We did'nt do this well when we stayed in the championship/division 2/division 1 (take your pick)

And on that note there is plenty of humble pie that needs to be eaten on these boards. How we scoffed at FM 13-3/4 brain-cells when he used to bang on about this point. That's one Luke we'd probably welcome back. :D

Back