• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The coldest away ground you have ever visited

Hartlepool quite a few years go was bloody freezing and Scarborough in the FA cup wasn't nice.

I remember my only visit to Hartlepool, which was many years ago. It was a Tuesday night in February & the wind blows straight off the North Sea. It was bloody cold!! At least winding up the gobby kids the other side of the open terracing took your mind off the cold & the crap game!

Not as bad as MK at the Hockey Stadium, but pushed it close!!

Mk Dons away a few years ago was rediculously cold, exposed to the winds on that awful excuse for a stand, was right at the top as well, not good.

Yep! Horrible horrible day all round that was.

Crewe many moons ago was extremely cold, also remember standing on a big terrace at Barnsley in the snow drinking bovril to try and warm up!

Bloody was. Who was the cheeky monkey who insisted he didnt want his coat, then started to suffer during the second half?!

That day was the reason thermal underwear was invented!

Swansea last season was bloody freezing. We stayed over and were amazed at the scantily clad lasses wandering around like there was a bloody heatwave.

Swansea last year was just mad! but Hartlepool has always been the coldest ground I've been to however the Football leagues coldest average tempretures at a ground is Oldham.
The highest above sea level is The Hawthorns but it's pretty sheltered there.

Last edited:
MK Dons in 2006, I have NEVER been as cold as that before in my life!!!! Was in the back row which didn't help with the biting wind, and what also peed me off was the fact that my seat was absolutely caked in bird s**t too!!!!!

To lose to a clearly offside goal just capped off a wonderful day.......

:censored:

Milton Keynes away 05-06. Absolutely bitter, and not made better by the football. I can remember having a blanket over me and my brother it was that cold. Freezing.

Bournemouth away circa 1992-1993. Open end losing 2-0 (maybe 3-0) and the heavens opened. Cold wet and stuffed on the pitch, great days

MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium a couple of seasons ago!

A bad day from start to finish. Lost to a dodgy offside goal. Foze our nuts off in the poxy stand. Then the Coach got a puncture when its wheel went over a roundabout or kerb outside the Hockey Stadium (we sat there for nearly 2 hours for a replacement wheel to come.

Last edited:
Ah, these cold memories are paradoxically warming... the winter of '87 was a particularly bitter one; away trips to Sunderland and York circa November-time stick in the freezing extremities. The former was made even more bitter by the 7 goals we conceded, but though York was colder, it was leavened by it being a relegation 6- pointer which we won 3-1/3-0 with goals from Crown (2) and Ling, IIRC...

Back