• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Clean Up! Help needed Friday 9th August

Can’t upload a video but just got one from SZ’s very own Jack The Flag for you long term zone users.

He’s been down there and reports around 200 people have been and gone, superb effort seats cleaned all round and lots of other stuff. Club playing music while everyone is working away!

Superb effort all! Nice to see Jack involved as wellView attachment 33340
Jack was amazing got everyone and everything organised in the West

Steve Walsh and his gang of merry men have finished painting the shop etc at the front of the ground. Absolutely fantastic guys and true Shrimpers. :Worthy::Worthy:

Steven Walsh

rsndtSooep18c0410mlf2caum0m8f3tllatc07f59am6c25thm21g48utg0i ·

Home of Dreams
Southend united
Hard old 3 day slog, but all finished . Big up to Dave Hingley. Mick Levy. Joe mgill . and Alfie Garnett cleaning up all the windows for us, without all your hard work, would not have been possible.

View attachment 33343View attachment 33344View attachment 33345View attachment 33346View attachment 33347

Wow. That looks amazing!!! Congrats lads on your hard work!

Steve Walsh and his gang of merry men have finished painting the shop etc at the front of the ground. Absolutely fantastic guys and true Shrimpers. :Worthy::Worthy:

Steven Walsh

Home of Dreams
Southend united
Hard old 3 day slog, but all finished . Big up to Dave Hingley. Mick Levy. Joe mgill . and Alfie Garnett cleaning up all the windows for us, without all your hard work, would not have been possible.

View attachment 33343View attachment 33344View attachment 33345View attachment 33346View attachment 33347
Stunning!!!! Amazing work guys. A truly extra special effort and demonstration of true and loyal support. 🙌🙌👏👏

So heart warming to see how honest, transparent and conscientious club ownership breeds an amazing sense of community spirit and togetherness. I keep pinching myself when I think of the turn around in just the first 3 weeks under the consortium. I have high hopes for the future 👍👍 Up the Shrimpers 🦐🎉

Steven Walsh

Home of Dreams
Southend united

Haven't seen Walshy in many a year, travelling up and down the country many times in his company and pre matches in the Spread. I am in contact with Bill Cause, who now resides in Florida, another of our happy pilgrims.

Big shout out to you Walshy!!

Last edited:
Andy Ward · nrotspdeoS5cam6aai7mc5uf81ia791061191a97m8m1ii71984c0073g2fl · Southend-on-Sea ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
Just want to say thank you for everyone that has supported todays clean up

178 supporters helped get the club ready over the 8.5 hours we worked at different stages through out the day
We cleaned just under 8000 seats swept walkways and back areas

Special mentions have to go to Steven Walsh and his team of retired painters for painting the club shop, Matthew Holland Laura Emma Moulsdale and Jack TR for supervising each area we worked in, Jamie for doing all the window cleaning and finally thank you in inside out clearance company for taking all the waste away for free

The ground looks amazing and every fan has played its part.

To see what Tom Lawrence and his team have delivered on top of this is nothing short of amazing and tomorrow will be one hell of a day
Wardy

Steven Walsh

Home of Dreams
Southend united

Seems like every day at the moment the recovery of our club gets even stronger.

Genuinely couldn’t make it today but I’d have loved to. But that’s just words. Huge thanks to all those fans that turned up and a big shout out to those painters. Maybe I need to get out more but it’s lump in the throat stuff here for me. So much **** that the club had been through and yet so much love and positivity. It’s ****ing amazing!

Thank you to everyone involved. Can’t wait to see the old girl tomorrow.

Back