• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Clean Up! Help needed Friday 9th August

Any comments on the state of the roots hall surface? Are you over there now
no im not mate, couldnt make it due to work. Im hearing the pitch doesnt look great, would assume this hot spell of weather wont help. However i was there last year for the ground clean up and the pitch was in bad state with lots of fox holes but actually ended up playing well.

Can’t upload a video but just got one from SZ’s very own Jack The Flag for you long term zone users.

He’s been down there and reports around 200 people have been and gone, superb effort seats cleaned all round and lots of other stuff. Club playing music while everyone is working away!

Superb effort all! Nice to see Jack involved as wellIMG_2982.jpeg

Last edited:
We was asked at the start of the clean up please don’t put out negative pictures of the ground so why the need to post a picture of the pitch not looking to good ??? We will all see it tomorrow
There are pics of the pitch all over social media, i have been posting nothing but positive pictures and videos all day. This one just happens to show that the pitch isn't great, i am hardly the first to point that out. If i wanted to post negative pics i could of filled a whole thread but i haven't.

Last edited:
There are pics of the pitch all over social media, i have been posting nothing but positive pictures and videos all day. This one just happens to show that the pitch isn't great, i am hardly the first to point that out. If i wanted to post negative pics i could of filled a whole thread but i haven't.
At least we are only worrying about the state of the pitch. I cycled past the ground on my way home from work at around 08.30 and people were already hard at work on the outside. Thank-you to everyone involved.

did Justin turn up? In board shorts, wife beater vest, flip flops etc ?

That looks dog ****! It looked better last year.
I don't know what a dog **** pitch looks like so I have nothing to compare it with. I yhink I'll wait and see how it performs tomorrow.

That’s fine whatever makes you happy

Steve Walsh and his gang of merry men have finished painting the shop etc at the front of the ground. Absolutely fantastic guys and true Shrimpers. :Worthy::Worthy:

Steven Walsh

rsndtSooep18c0410mlf2caum0m8f3tllatc07f59am6c25thm21g48utg0i ·

Home of Dreams
Southend united
Hard old 3 day slog, but all finished . Big up to Dave Hingley. Mick Levy. Joe mgill . and Alfie Garnett cleaning up all the windows for us, without all your hard work, would not have been possible.

front 1.jpgfront 2.jpgfront 3.jpgfront 4.jpgfront 5.jpg

Last edited:
Back