• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Clean Up! Help needed Friday 9th August

Roots hall final cleaning update

Thursday 8th August 2024

With less than 12 hours to go just want to send out a final cleaning update

We understand so many want to help the club get ready which is amazing but we now have enough supporters for the big clean, thank you to everyone that has offered, it has meant so much to COSU

On Tuesday 6th August at 19.00 we had filled the numbers required for the operation, So everyone who said they can attend before the date and time are on the list to support

The day is simple - washing seats, sweeping up, picking up rubbish and wiping down hand rails.

Please bring with you if you can a bucket, sponge, cloths, rubbish bags and a broom. We will have some equipment but not enough for everyone on the day

We would also like you to wear gloves and masks when cleaning

Disclaimer needs to be signed before you enter the ground, these will be given out in the car park and be collected in at the gates between the east and north stand when entering the ground.

Once in the ground please make your way to the blue seats in the east stand for briefing on the day

We really would like all supporters to arrive for 9.30am in the East stand car park which is free on Friday

With other works happening around the ground you will be shown to your areas - if we can keep to these areas then every seat will get cleaned and the stadium swept ready for what should be a cracking crowd on Saturday

See you tomorrow at 9.30am and thank you

Wardy

Southend United

Andy Ward · osnoSdtpremc0ua31chih9g010tg1m1ag3i3h21h9i44872a0c7ihf71mf32 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
All the work the club is doing is simply amazing and many business are helping the club.
With the big clean up on Friday, Steven Walsh approached me about painting the front of the club shop free of charge and also supplying the paint with his other 3 retired painters!

Steve and the others just love the club

Day one was today and will be finished by Friday.

Joseph McGill- Steve Walsh- Mick Levy- Dave Hindley -Thank you so much supporting and I know between the 4 of you that you have 200 years between you supporting the blues
Hats off to these lads for helping with fans day

View attachment 33292
I saw you guys when visiting the shop yesterday. What can I say - absolute legends 👏👏👏IMG_7805.gif

Just received this message via Wardy from the club.

Help required Roots Hall.

Evening all SUFC Supporters.

Today the club got the sign off for the West and South Stands following a visit from the council authorities, after completing numerous structural tasks which is great news for the season.

The amount of work that has been done to get to this stage is unbelievable and today I have walked the stadium
with Tom Lawrence and now the final tweaks need to be done ready for the opening game against York on Saturday.

Some of you may say why hasn’t this been done beforehand and the simple reason is the club couldn’t allow supporters to enter the stands without a safety certificate which they now have. I have offered my services free of charge to help the club where it needs to be for Saturday but I need a strong team of 50 supporters on Friday morning from 9.30am to help with picking up rubbish, De-weeding where necessary, cleaning seats and just a general tidy.

We all know the stadium needs some TLC, however the club is now calling for help which I am sure many of you will support. I understand many of you will be working Friday but some like me might be able to help out to get the club looking good again by taking a day off. Everything since COSU taken ownership has been positive and we need this to continue, it’s not about supporters taking pictures of poor areas and running the club down it’s about the areas we make look better and saying “working together to make our club proud once again”

So if you are free on Friday please put your name down on here or private message me so I can collate a list of names and let get Roots hall sparkling again ready for the party on Saturday If you have brooms, buckets and gloves that would really help with the process.

Have just found out that Justin Rees will also be in attendance with the clean up.

Wardy

If you are willing to help please say so on this thread so we have an idea of numbers.
I'm in

things you loved to see. I did this last year and felt so proud of the efforts we all put in. Well done again to this bunch put in the extra effort

Southend United

Andy Ward · osnoSdtpremc0ua31chih9g010tg1m1ag3i3h21h9i44872a0c7ihf71mf32 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
All the work the club is doing is simply amazing and many business are helping the club.
With the big clean up on Friday, Steven Walsh approached me about painting the front of the club shop free of charge and also supplying the paint with his other 3 retired painters!

Steve and the others just love the club

Day one was today and will be finished by Friday.

Joseph McGill- Steve Walsh- Mick Levy- Dave Hindley -Thank you so much supporting and I know between the 4 of you that you have 200 years between you supporting the blues
Hats off to these lads for helping with fans day

View attachment 33292

Looking at the picture of the club shop being painted.......Its Great to see community service working in conjunction with SUFC.:Winking:

Last edited:
Back