• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Clean Up! Help needed Friday 9th August

Better ask the Echo to get down there to take some pictures.... Supporters doing their bit... sounds like a few are happy to help out

Big uptick

I think maybe the consortium felt it was their responsibility as good custodians but and it's a big but it gives the fans the opportunity to do their bit, say thanks to Justin and the consortium for what they have done and bring fans together for the common good. An undying memory of last year was Liam going round the pitch in his wheelchair picking up litter and chatting to everyone and I just thought, "this is what it's all about".
Have been told in no uncertain terms by Liam, ' I'm definitely going Dad, they need our help, Day Centre gets a miss! ' That's my boy 😁

Roots hall clean up update
Tuesday 6th August 2024 19.00

Thank you so much for the support we have received for the clean up this coming Friday

We now have enough fans to help with the process of giving that last bit of TLC to our stadium ready for the visit of York

If you have said you are coming you are on the list

Please meet at the east stand car park for 9.30am for a briefing about what the day is about and also sign a disclaimer of working inside Roots Hall

Some questions that have been asked:

Yes you can park in the east stand car park - this is free on Friday so please don’t panic about getting a ticket

I have been promised that water can be gained from both the east and west side

Please please please bring buckets, sponges, washing up liquid, brooms, rubbish bags and I would suggest face masks and gloves to be on safe side - we will have some but not enough for everyone

If you have a skill please let us know when doing the disclaimer - ie if your a painter bring some paint brushes with you

If children are coming they must be with a 18 year old and stay with that person during the clean up

When in the ground the pitch is not to be walked on

You will be allocated areas - if you are not happy to do a certain job please tell us on the day rather then just leave it and that area isn’t done

The main focus is to clean the seats, clean up around walkways and to pick up any rubbish or clear any weeds

Together we can make the stadium look great after the work that the club has done to get us to this stage

Remember the quote from 1906 ….
“To help not hinder” and that should always be the motto when coming together as one

Wardy

I'm actually pleased to hear that COSU want to get away from relying on the fans good nature and becoming a professional outfit again.

Southend United

Andy Ward · osnoSdtpremc0ua31chih9g010tg1m1ag3i3h21h9i44872a0c7ihf71mf32 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
All the work the club is doing is simply amazing and many business are helping the club.
With the big clean up on Friday, Steven Walsh approached me about painting the front of the club shop free of charge and also supplying the paint with his other 3 retired painters!

Steve and the others just love the club

Day one was today and will be finished by Friday.

Joseph McGill- Steve Walsh- Mick Levy- Dave Hindley -Thank you so much supporting and I know between the 4 of you that you have 200 years between you supporting the blues
Hats off to these lads for helping with fans day

454422343_3458618817616019_3871265865958538400_n.jpg

Southend United

Andy Ward · osnoSdtpremc0ua31chih9g010tg1m1ag3i3h21h9i44872a0c7ihf71mf32 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
All the work the club is doing is simply amazing and many business are helping the club.
With the big clean up on Friday, Steven Walsh approached me about painting the front of the club shop free of charge and also supplying the paint with his other 3 retired painters!

Steve and the others just love the club

Day one was today and will be finished by Friday.

Joseph McGill- Steve Walsh- Mick Levy- Dave Hindley -Thank you so much supporting and I know between the 4 of you that you have 200 years between you supporting the blues
Hats off to these lads for helping with fans day

View attachment 33292
Well done Shrimpers 🦐⚽🦐. JOE, Brother John will be proud of you.⚽💙⚽

Back