• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

Would like to see Braintree and Boston. Braintree have a larger away section than we will get at Worthing and Boston looks like a nice new ground
Worthing looks a good day out - but it's 4G!
It's one of the reasons I hope Bromley go up. Anyone seen the highlights against Alty? Apart from Myles Weston's brace, the unnatural bounce for the Bromley second tells you all you need to know about a level, but synthetic playing surface!

Watched the whole game first half Altrincham were dominate and took a half time lead.However Bromley then charged into a 3 one lead thanks the a certain Mr Weston scoring twice.Mooney came on later for Altrincham but achieved very little.Overall Altrincham look the better side but poor defending a set pieces cost them.

Worthing looks a good day out - but it's 4G!
It's one of the reasons I hope Bromley go up. Anyone seen the highlights against Alty? Apart from Myles Weston's brace, the unnatural bounce for the Bromley second tells you all you need to know about a level, but synthetic playing surface!

Yes, the second goal was bizarre, a long throw that bounced about 10 feet high in the penalty area and a player then just nodded it in.

AstroTurf pitches are the devil. 3G,4G, 8G, whatever they are it’s not right and I don’t care for it
They aren't everyone's cup of tea but are here to stay.A lot of non league clubs have them nowadays as they bring practical and financial benefits and are often a real asset to the community

Live just 20mins from Brackley. Watched them 3 times this season. Similar profile to us, not prolific scorers but conceding just 37 in 46 this season.
Beat Bromley in 2018 FA Trophy. St James Park is not the biggest.

So if bromley go up they have to do a Sutton United and Rip the pitch up? Will they want to do this financially

Whether they want to or not is irrelevant, artificial pitches are banned in the EFL.

If they go up, they will have to.

Assuming then they have committed to the League to do that otherwise they also would have been chucked out the Playoffs ?

It’s certainly no good for groin calf knee and ankle injuries, more pressure on the bones and joints.
I have a game Sunday at chase high I can almost guarantee that after 90 minutes on that my ankles will be sore til midweek. I know the pros operate on a different level but surely their bodies must take the strain differently as well playing on it 23 weeks of 52. Assuming it’s their home ground of course

I have a game Sunday at chase high I can almost guarantee that after 90 minutes on that my ankles will be sore til midweek. I know the pros operate on a different level but surely their bodies must take the strain differently as well playing on it 23 weeks of 52. Assuming it’s their home ground of course
I’ve seen so many players with knee problems have there injuries get worse because of this surface, especially when you hit your 30’s.

Back