• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It better be the first team.

Eastwood's out. He knackered himself getting out the chair.

My XI

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Cresswell Barker
Hurst Laird Timlin Martin
Tomlin Benyon

Subs - Bentley, Prosser?, Straker, Woodyard, Leonard?, Clarke Johnson-Harris, BBBC

I hope Prosser's fit, as may need him to enable Cresswell up front.

Wouldl leave those recovering from injury out and give them a few more days to get a bit fitter, so

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Barker Straker
Laird Paxman Woodyatt
Hurst Martin
Tomlin

Clarke harris surely deserve a start ahead of benyon?

Smith
Clohessy
Barker
Cresswell
Prosser
Hurst
Laird
Woodyard
Martin
Clarke Harris
Tomlin

Clarke harris surely deserve a start ahead of benyon?

Smith
Clohessy
Barker
Cresswell
Prosser
Hurst
Laird
Woodyard
Martin
Clarke Harris
Tomlin

Clarke-Harris deserves very little from the glimpses I've seen of him so far. Missed an open goal on his debut, a disgraceful dive last time I saw him and hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he's a team player. He needs to impress in his cameos from the bench before he's handed a start. I didn't see the ESC though. I'm not saying he can't be good, just that he hasn't earnt the right to any more than a late sub appearance.

Benyon is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out. He may not have been particularly effective, but can at least do the basics which is more than a lot of players we've had up front over the years. He'd have been a relative star in the Alvin Martin era. Sadly his time at Roots Hall is up because the boo-boys have decided.

Clarke-Harris deserves very little from the glimpses I've seen of him so far. Missed an open goal on his debut, a disgraceful dive last time I saw him and hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he's a team player. He needs to impress in his cameos from the bench before he's handed a start. I didn't see the ESC though. I'm not saying he can't be good, just that he hasn't earnt the right to any more than a late sub appearance.

Benyon is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out. He may not have been particularly effective, but can at least do the basics which is more than a lot of players we've had up front over the years. He'd have been a relative star in the Alvin Martin era. Sadly his time at Roots Hall is up because the boo-boys have decided.

Had a good game against ramblers and scored twice. Play him up front I say

If nothing else it showed appalling decision-making.

It looked to me as if he got in the area and then had no idea what to do.

Yeah I agree. I can't stand diving in the game but that dive has got the be one of the worst I've seen as I don't think there was even a touch on him, he just fell over. Ref should have booked him for it.

Must be the strongest Team possible as we need the income and I understand that we have budgeted on reaching the second round.

Back