• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ Trivia Challenge and Sporcle

they lost to Norwich in 62.

You can imagine Sky being delighted with that final if it happened now. Would really get the neutral punters flooding to their TV sets. Reminds me of the Portsmouth/Cardiff Cup Final - the idea that different teams in the Final might freshen it up certainly didn't work for me. It's only good to see a 'lesser' team make it if they're playing one of the big boys.

I had the idea that Rochdale had won it in the early years of the competition, perhaps they were runners-up? Can someone save me a trawl through the internet and confirm or deny this wild speculation?

I enjoy reading some of the comments as well. Why people feel compelled to write stuff like "I'm American, so did crap at this" is beyond me. Why bother trying then? You don't catch me doing the "Winners of the Cy Young Award" quiz and then moaning because it's too Americo-centric.

I'm all over those NFL and NBA ones though.

I enjoy reading some of the comments as well. Why people feel compelled to write stuff like "I'm American, so did crap at this" is beyond me. Why bother trying then? You don't catch me doing the "Winners of the Cy Young Award" quiz and then moaning because it's too Americo-centric.

I'm all over those NFL and NBA ones though.

Definitely enjoying all the US sports ones, but my knowledge pre:1970 is very limited so it's tough to hit the heights.

Another football one here that has some surprising answers:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/worldsrichestfootball_clubs.php

I got 19, but only after some inspired guessing.

QUOTE]

Yeah, just did the '66 world cup team one (very easy, I know) and some American bird has commented "I defy anyone who was born in '79, never lived in the UK, and pitifully knows little about football to even get one....yeah...I got nothing."

Must have been a valuable 4 minutes spent typing in completely random names!

Back