• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer Transfer Targets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Mar. 22 2006,15:10)]Cleveland Taylor from Scunthorpe on the cheap.
Byfield/Hayter on free's
Mark Goodlad (Vale GK) on a free
Crewe's Billy Jones if they go down (Awesome defender who can play all across the back four)
Billy Jones would probably cost a fair bit of money

Hmmm

I don't think we can answer this question until we know what division we will be in next season...
tounge.gif

don't think it matters, crewe didn't let dean ashton go on the cheap when they went down last time, so don't think that will change if they go down this time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 22 2006,19:21)]Kenny Deuchar of Gretna would be on my wish list, the guy is awesome, yes I know he's only proven in the lower reaches of the Scottish leagues, but just look at his scoring record, he must be half decent!.

Worth a look?
Deuchar is a very well-paid Doctor who only plays football part-time and has turned down many offers to turn pro.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 22 2006,19:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Mar. 22 2006,15:26)]I think we should go for Izale McLeod if MK dons go down, he has great potential and i reckon him and freddy would destroy the championship.
McLeod? Have you got a spare couple of million you can lend the club then?
Somehow i don't think he is worth 2 million. but if Mk dons go down surely he's going to want a move and i reckon his value will drop.

Wolves were willing to pay over a million for him so MK Dons will likely want something in or very near seven figures.... well beyond our budget.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 22 2006,19:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 22 2006,19:21)]Kenny Deuchar of Gretna would be on my wish list, the guy is awesome, yes I know he's only proven in the lower reaches of the Scottish leagues, but just look at his scoring record, he must be half decent!.

Worth a look?
Deuchar is a very well-paid Doctor who only plays football part-time and has turned down many offers to turn pro.
He is only 25, so would have only just got his qualifications. Plus being only 25 i don't his is that minted as a doctor.

It would be hit or miss with him. Andy Thomson used to bang the goals in for fun at his level and then could only manage about 12 a season in division one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Mar. 22 2006,22:49)]He is only 25, so would have only just got his qualifications. Plus being only 25 i don't his is that minted as a doctor.
I think its safe to say that a career in medicine at the age of 25 is a more lucrative long-term prospect than a career as a Southend United striker.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 22 2006,23:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Mar. 22 2006,22:49)]He is only 25, so would have only just got his qualifications. Plus being only 25 i don't his is that minted as a doctor.
I think its safe to say that a career in medicine at the age of 25 is a more lucrative long-term prospect than a career as a Southend United striker.
The way I'd see it is that he has a career to go back to once he has finished his football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Mar. 23 2006,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 22 2006,23:54)]
[b said:
The way I'd see it is that he has a career to go back to once he has finished his football.
No chance, he just doesn't want to be a FT pro. A number of SPL teams have enquired about him but he's turned them down flat.

As said earlier, there's a huge difference between lower league Scottish football & England, certainly if we're looking for Championship standard players. If a striker was banging in the goals Deuchar style in the SPL, IMHO he still wouldn't be Championship quality, look at that donkey Steven Thompson who Cardiff signed in January!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Mar. 22 2006,17:10)]Byfield can't live far away so may be an option and maybe some Hamster rejects like Carl Fletcher?

Alan McCormack has done well North of the border so maybe Championship football could be atractive with people he knows well.

Hayter is a maybe, and expect some Dave Webb dealings on the Yeovil front,especially if they go down.
I'd love to see McCormack back at Roots Hall, not sure if he'd get in ahead of Gutts or Maher but would def like him in our squad. In my opinion he was one of our best players at the LDV final other than Mr Barrett coz he never stopped trying and he didnt get stage fright which perhaps some others were guilty of.

During the January transfer window we were heavily linked with Jevons (albeit on here) so I'd tend to agree with possibly raiding Yeovil again but personally I'd go for the right back who's always impressed me.

Finally I agree that we could possibly steal some Wet Spam rejects. Has anyone watched Chris Cohen their young midfielder currently on loan at Yeovil? I went to school with him so wouldnt mind knowing how he's faring.

I'd love to see Alan McCormack back at Roots Hall in our famous blue shirt. I thought he was quality at the end of last season for us. And if we make it to the Championship could be a realistic option in the summer.
Anyone know if he is out of contract at PNE this year?

Back