• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer Transfer Targets

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I personally think Tilly might go back for someone like Darren Byfeild in the summer and maybe wrap up the JCR deal for a reduced fee but who in your opinion is/should Tilly try and attract to the Hall?

Cleveland Taylor from Scunthorpe on the cheap.
Byfield/Hayter on free's
Mark Goodlad (Vale GK) on a free
Crewe's Billy Jones if they go down (Awesome defender who can play all across the back four)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Mar. 22 2006,15:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 22 2006,15:06)]Geoff Horsfield if his Sheff Utd deal is off.
Agreed. This IMO is the type of payer Tilly was relish
agreed. be a perfect replacement for Goater

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Mar. 22 2006,15:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 22 2006,15:06)]Geoff Horsfield if his Sheff Utd deal is off.
Agreed. This IMO is the type of payer Tilly was relish
Might be a bit too Northern for Tilly's liking, although he was at Fulham for a few seasons.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and predict that Tilson will break with the norm this summer and shock pundits worldwide by making the first ever non-human signing in soccer. I expect him to swoop only for fictional players such as Blackie Gray, Billy Dane or Bruno off Footballers Wives. This would certainly cause a few raised eyebrows in Soho Square and would attract legions of French postmodern social theorists to Roots Hall. Failing that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few paranormal trialists over at Boots n Laces over the summer. Bearing all this in mind, if a few of our current players are available on a free this summer I might try sign one ot two myself. I can see someone like Petts being quite useful around the house- bit of washing up, gardening, going to the tip...

I think we should go for Izale McLeod if MK dons go down, he has great potential and i reckon him and freddy would destroy the championship.

Also i reckon we should go for all the sodje's.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Mar. 22 2006,15:26)]I think we should go for Izale McLeod if MK dons go down, he great potential and i reckon him and freddy would destroy the championship.

Also i reckon we should go for all the sodje's.
laugh.gif
As long as he ditches those bloody yellow boots!
laugh.gif

The suggestions of Rossi from Man Utd are a bit ambitious but I do think we could attract some Premier$hite reserves from the London clubs, especially with Tilly's growing reputation within the football league. I would say we could deal with Hull given Tilly's worked with Peter Taylor before but players that wouldnt get into their team certainly wouldnt into ours

I hear Bergkamps out of contract at the end of the season and Thiery Henry is unsettled at Highbury
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

I think the 'bargain basement' will still rule. Remember that we probably got Goater and Bradbury on the cheap as they had some sort of pay off on their previous contracts so be on the lookout for those type of situations.

Byfield can't live far away so may be an option and maybe some Hamster rejects like Carl Fletcher?

Alan McCormack has done well North of the border so maybe Championship football could be atractive with people he knows well.

Hayter is a maybe, and expect some Dave Webb dealings on the Yeovil front,especially if they go down.

I think a Neil Shipperley type is possible, especially if they go up to the Prem.

Who we resign will obviously influence it, maybe we are saying goodbye to Jay and Carl?

Lockwood will have collected his testimonial money so could be a LB possibility.

Players I actually rate are:

Agogo -Bristol Rovers
Marriott -Lincoln GK
Smith- MK Dons Midfield
Amankwaah - RB Yeovil
Paul Hayes - Barnsley striker but think he comes from Dagenham?

I dont think we would be interested in Agogo anymore as Hayter and Byfield would be cheaper and more realistic options. He's hardly set L2 alight either, so we might have done ourselves a favour by not getting him, however good he can be on occassions. Its pretty exciting looking forward to who we could sign in the summer market, esp. if we're plying our trade in the Championship. Would Tilly still go the same route he has been (like Taylor at Hull who cherry picks all the best L2 players) or would he go for a mix?!

Lockwood, however predictable, could be a good shout. If the bloke has any type of ambition in football, he might not be able to turn down a move to us. It would be nice to get Maher of the free-kick when its screaming out for a leftie!!

Kev

The only thing with lockword is his wages and the fact that he has a testimonial coming out in the next year or so, so he will want to hang onto that unless we offer him a big signing on fee.

Paul Hayes is actually from Wickford, so even closer to Southend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Mar. 22 2006,15:25)]I'm gonna stick my neck out here and predict that Tilson will break with the norm this summer and shock pundits worldwide by making the first ever non-human signing in soccer. I expect him to swoop only for fictional players such as Blackie Gray, Billy Dane or Bruno off Footballers Wives. This would certainly cause a few raised eyebrows in Soho Square and would attract legions of French postmodern social theorists to Roots Hall. Failing that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few paranormal trialists over at Boots n Laces over the summer. Bearing all this in mind, if a few of our current players are available on a free this summer I might try sign one ot two myself. I can see someone like Petts being quite useful around the house- bit of washing up, gardening, going to the tip...
You clearly forgot about Dean "Can I have a 'p' please" Holness who we signed from Sky's Dream Team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Mar. 22 2006,15:26)]I think we should go for Izale McLeod if MK dons go down, he has great potential and i reckon him and freddy would destroy the championship.
McLeod? Have you got a spare couple of million you can lend the club then?

Kenny Deuchar of Gretna would be on my wish list, the guy is awesome, yes I know he's only proven in the lower reaches of the Scottish leagues, but just look at his scoring record, he must be half decent!.

Worth a look?

Back