• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

We won't be able to pay the dough he wants ?

If a manager is out of work, how long do they wait until a club at the level they want offers them a job at the salary they want ? The managerial merry-go-round always means there are good candidates for every vacancy. I don't think we should completely rule him out.

If a manager is out of work, how long do they wait until a club at the level they want offers them a job at the salary they want ? The managerial merry-go-round always means there are good candidates for every vacancy. I don't think we should completely rule him out.
Think you may have missed the joke on this one mate

You need to use your loaf a bit and get the joke.

hurst is the one we all would be ok with

One of the things about Paul Hurst that may appeal to Ron Martin is that he saved Shrewsbury from almost certain relegation when in joined in 2016. In fact, Shrewsbury were anchored at the bottom of the table when Hurst arrived and he managed to get them out of the relegation zone, and did brilliantly in the following season by keeping Shrewsbury in contention for promotion on a very limited budget. For a guy his age (44), Hurst has already put together an impressive track record.

How about another ex-LB? Justin Edinburgh?

(would he leave Orient for us? hmmmm...).

Strongly doubt it.

Non league is Edinburgh’s limit

Is it? Took Newport to mid-table after getting them promoted, then left with them in the top 6; went to Gillingham, saved them from relegation, took them to 9th, got sacked with them above where you are now; went to Northampton, saved them from relegation and then ludicrously got sacked four games into the next season. Decent spells at Orient, Grays and a floundering Rushden in the National League. Think he’s just a good manager.

Interesting if he takes that gig. They are serious contenders for relegation.

Geographically a good move for him, but I would have thought managing at League One level would be better for him and his CV.

Strongly doubt it.

Is it? Took Newport to mid-table after getting them promoted, then left with them in the top 6; went to Gillingham, saved them from relegation, took them to 9th, got sacked with them above where you are now; went to Northampton, saved them from relegation and then ludicrously got sacked four games into the next season. Decent spells at Orient, Grays and a floundering Rushden in the National League. Think he’s just a good manager.
Totally agree, JE is a good manager, very good acquisition by the O’s.

After all your supporters have been through recently the prospect of promotion back to the FL and a day at Wembley must be a good feeling

Good luck to you

(PS: I’d still like to take JE from you though!)

Imagine Ben Clarkson and Mr Forkit on the full-time sandwiches. The players would have to send out for a pizza or six.

Totally agree, JE is a good manager, very good acquisition by the O’s.

After all your supporters have been through recently the prospect of promotion back to the FL and a day at Wembley must be a good feeling

Good luck to you

(PS: I’d still like to take JE from you though!)

Cheers, I appreciate the sentiments. Obviously I’m terrified that they’re going to ‘do an Orient’ but the team is confusingly well-drilled and relentless.

As for your managerial conundrum - and I know he’s been trashed a couple of times on this thread - but you really could do a lot worse than get Russell Slade in until the end of the season. You could reasonably argue that he isn’t the guy for you long-term, but his career has had some noteable successful firefighting missions (Scarborough ‘02 from a near-impossible position, BHA ‘09, Orient ‘10).

Strongly doubt it.

Edinburgh certainly seems to be quite a good manager,Johnny, but you mustn’t feel too resentful if Ron goes for him and he feels he wants to move on to better things.

Back