• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The accounts suggest that the company is some way beyond insolvent.
Yes but for example look at Col U? Even worse- £30m plus net liabilities. Many football clubs only survive because they are reliant on continued funding by the owner (often through their group companies). SUFC accounts get signed off on that basis also. Directors need reasonable grounds to believe the club is or can become solvent- either through such support (or indeed another event e.g. sale)

Indeed that is the case if taken literally.
So if the purchase of RH is needed we need tk be going applying pressure to Julie, Tom and Jack.

This could work in our favour?

It’s been said many a time that Julie gets annoyed at the protests but she is the one that holds the keys

If we turn the demonstrations to Julie and get luxury health clubs we might get more traction then Ron?

So if the purchase of RH is needed we need tk be going applying pressure to Julie, Tom and Jack.

It’s been said many a time that Julie gets annoyed at the protests but she is the one that holds the keys

If we turn the demonstrations to Julie and get luxury health clubs we might get more traction then Ron?
Nothing wrong with the latest technology at the club. 🙄

10 Old Lawn Mowers You Just Have to See | Family Handyman

I can't comment on targeting other people personally.
What needs to happen above all is a sensible discussion with Anna Firth and the City Council to sound them out about the possibility/possible options to acquire Roots Hall Limited in the correct manner.

Yes but for example look at Col U? Even worse- £30m plus net liabilities. Many football clubs only survive because they are reliant on continued funding by the owner (often through their group companies). SUFC accounts get signed off on that basis also. Directors need reasonable grounds to believe the club is or can become solvent- either through such support (or indeed another event e.g. sale)
A lot of Col U fans don’t like Robbie Cowling as he does have some funny ways. All our debt though is internal and he has always promised he wouldn’t leave the club in a worse place than when he took over. He has built us a training ground as good as some prem and most championship facilities.
Also he’s never defaulted on wages or HMRC or any other bills.
I certainly wouldn’t swap for your basket case chairman

A lot of Col U fans don’t like Robbie Cowling as he does have some funny ways. All our debt though is internal and he has always promised he wouldn’t leave the club in a worse place than when he took over. He has built us a training ground as good as some prem and most championship facilities.
That's where it all goes wrong for us. Hope you have better luck.

Or, call this a crazy idea, find someone who actual wants to buy the club and not hide in the shadows like the 'frightened five'.

Note the difference in balance sheets compared to the Football Club's parent company...

1690803245384.png

Now where have I heard that before.....hmm....oh yes almost word for word...
As you say you chairman hasn't defaulted or behaved like Ron thus far (nor did Ron until he did...). I sincerely hope nothing changes your end, and there are plenty of clubs in the same boat. But its a worry and ultimately it will remain so where clubs aren't run sustainably (i.e. without relying on significant on going external support).

That’s really interesting, I only wish I was experienced at looking at these things to understand what it’s telling me lol
The only thing you need see is the lack of brackets around that net assets figure - nigh on £30m in the black.

Dan, Ron confirmed in front of 20 fans on Saturday he has seen proof of funds from Goldman Sachs. Whilst stood outside his house. He can say as much as he wants regarding they don’t have the funds, but he himself said “I’ve seen proof of funds for many millions in Goldman Sachs”.
Appreciate the response however can you confirm a bid has been made or not by these 5 people yet? Not seen anything to suggest that one has officially been made.

Now where have I heard that before.....hmm....oh yes almost word for word...
As you say you chairman hasn't defaulted or behaved like Ron thus far (nor did Ron until he did...). I sincerely hope nothing changes your end, and there are plenty of clubs in the same boat. But it’s a worry and ultimately it will remain so where clubs aren't run sustainably (i.e. without relying on significant on going external support).
Robbie’s biggest failing by far is that the club don’t do nearly enough to market themselves locally. Colchester has grown massively over the last 2 decades and very little is done openly to attract those new residents to the club. He would really benefit too from appointing a supporters liaison officer as a lot of fans feel disconnected to what goes on in the club.
He must be doing something right though as January saw a massive budget for new players and we are looking at a couple of decent recruitments this week.
You’re 100% correct though, too many clubs at this level live by the seat of their pants and are overly reliant on a reliable and responsible owner.
Where we are lucky, live or loathe our ground, it does give a lot of additional non matchday revenue streams.
For you to keep RH and to develop that ground, how long would it be before you can rebuild the East stand to give those same opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back