• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock all day long. Had to rebuild an entire squad and kept us up before unluckily losing in the play offs. Also got us to Wembley for the first time before PB f****d it up at Wembley. PB has had far greater resources to work with.[/QUOTE]

Always been a bit of a myth this one. PS had the 9th highest budget in L2. Last season PB's was the 7th. So a promotion means PB used his resources better than Sturrock.

Ps I remember the important Wembley appearance being a total success :winking:

I would rather listen to PS with his insight before and after matches.
PB often appears to say stuff for the sake of it.

We live in an age of 24hr media. Someone stuffs a microphone in his face and he has to say something, and that something will be picked up by the squad. If we lose, do you blame them? Then how do they react? Some people respond by upping their game and "pulling up trees", other retreat into their shells. Man management, and dealing with the media, is extremely difficult.

For me Brown is a vast improvement on "lump it up to the big man" Sturrock. Ok, thanks for saving us from vanishing and getting to Wembley, but I wasn't sorry to see him go, however I could say the same about Phil.

All this makes me think is we've been very lucky over the last six years compared to fans of some clubs. We've seen our team win far more than we've seen them lose, which if you break it down to its very basics is what makes football fans happy.

Not that you'd know it with some of the posts on here sometimes of course. All the moaning about hoofball/Brown's negative tactics is really being quite fussy.

You couldn't get two more different personalities, proves that there is no one factor in a managers makeup that guarantees success.

Pointless thread as the club has evolved since PS first joined, can't compare apples with pears, each has faced an entirely different set of obstacles and both have on the whole dealt with them well.

All this makes me think is we've been very lucky over the last six years compared to fans of some clubs. We've seen our team win far more than we've seen them lose, which if you break it down to its very basics is what makes football fans happy.

Not that you'd know it with some of the posts on here sometimes of course. All the moaning about hoofball/Brown's negative tactics is really being quite fussy.

Simply one of the best posts on here for a while

Absolutely.

Imagine what this place would have been like during the Alvin Martin era.

Goals goals goals

Paul's teams scored 235
Phil's teams scored 201
:stunned:

Absolutely.

Imagine what this place would have been like during the Alvin Martin era.

Exactly what I was just thinking. I started going in 1995, I didn't see us finish in the top half of any division until 2001. And that was 12th. In Division 4.

So When did you meet PB then ? Looks like its narrow minded and judgmental view that's clouding your opinion.

Haven't met and don't need to. PB is egotistical, we all know that, its, clear from how he is.

As for thinking Sturrock is a better manager, just my opinion

Haven't met and don't need to. PB is egotistical, we all know that, its, clear from how he is.

As for thinking Sturrock is a better manager, just my opinion

100% a better man manager. You only have to look at the players Sturrock got here in a day just by clicking his fingers. His players trusted him and had obviously built up good relationships at previous clubs

Back