• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

baddowblue

Go on to the BBC Match report and listen to the Stevenage Manager's interpretation of the game and the tackle on Cloughessy - the man must be on drugs!! It has to be one of the worst tackles I have seen in 40 years of watching football. Stevenage have to be the worst team we have played in ages - they are a bunch of thugs who make no attempt to play the beautiful game in a positive and constructive way. They were ugly and horrible to watch - can you imagine watching that style (if any) of football every week!! As for there fans- yes they had good support in numbers but their attitude suggested they thought they were something more than they actually are which is a "hoofing conference side" that have punched (literally) above their weight this season who have been found out and will take a big fall next season.

Yeah, it's already been commented on on various threads. Disgraceful attitude to take, I know managers should defend their own players, but that was an intentional high boot and completely justified red card.

I fail to see how you can leave stud marks above a players eye and somehow be innocent.

That has to be one of the most rose tinted views on a game ever. Still let them think they were hard done by, the run in will find out their failings which they clearly cant see.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the take out on Crawford around half way line would have been red closer to goal too.

Funny then how Stevenage have the 2nd worst disciplinary record in the League - 71 yellow cards and 7 red cards (most in the League) this season so far.

Daft ****. **** off Westley. Take a look at Seans face if your man enough. Look forward to facing this horrible little club again next season.

Just listened to it. Classic. "No Southend Protestations". Well firstly Isaw Barry Corr sprint as fast as he could over there, then the rest of the team followed him with a look of disgust at Winn. I will admit that their player was going for the ball but seriously, what is this guys argument?

How were there no protests because as far as I can remember half the team ran over. I didn't bare any hatred to Stevenage before yesterday but I hope they miss out on the play-offs now for nothing short of thuggery.

Not sure what game he watching really as that was a stone wall penalty !.
Whilst the style of plays are pole's apart the after match interview was almost Arsene Wenger by being totally blinkered......

If you watched Westley on the touch line you would soon realise what a complete **** the bloke is and this really doesn't come as a suprise.

Go on to the BBC Match report and listen to the Stevenage Manager's interpretation of the game and the tackle on Cloughessy - the man must be on drugs!! It has to be one of the worst tackles I have seen in 40 years of watching football. Stevenage have to be the worst team we have played in ages - they are a bunch of thugs who make no attempt to play the beautiful game in a positive and constructive way. They were ugly and horrible to watch - can you imagine watching that style (if any) of football every week!! As for there fans- yes they had good support in numbers but their attitude suggested they thought they were something more than they actually are which is a "hoofing conference side" that have punched (literally) above their weight this season who have been found out and will take a big fall next season.

It certainly wasn't anything like one of the worst tackles I've seen, mainly because it wasn't even a tackle. I don't think it was deliberate and the player was following the flight of the ball through the air. The red card was correct as it was clearly reckless and endangered the safety of an opponent. I really don't think there can be much of a complaint about that.

It certainly wasn't anything like one of the worst tackles I've seen, mainly because it wasn't even a tackle. I don't think it was deliberate and the player was following the flight of the ball through the air. The red card was correct as it was clearly reckless and endangered the safety of an opponent. I really don't think there can be much of a complaint about that.

I'm not so sure Mick, I hear what your saying, however, Winn was already tracking the ball & running towards Clohessy (knowing he was there) so to me it was intentional....

I'm not so sure Mick, I hear what your saying, however, Winn was already tracking the ball & running towards Clohessy (knowing he was there) so to me it was intentional....
There's no way a football player can be stupid enough to kick someone in the face and think they can get away with it is there? I don't think it was intentional but its a definate red

Graham Westley has always been the Neil Warnock of the non-League game. He is totally hated and with comments like that its not hard to see why. If that wasn't a sending off then what is!!!!!

**** non league club. **** fans. And a mega **** manager. . Shame really as they were one of the better big conf sides.. Must be the westly effect. The man is a complete fist

The problem with your arguement Southendkid is that you assume that stevenage footballers have the ability to think. Their actions on the pitch on friday suggest otherwise! To much thuggery combined wth red mist me thinks.

These comments are actually a disgrace!

Part of me can understand the Stevenage fans being annoyed with the refs performance but he was poor for both teams, but that should always be a red card, and I would have no complaints if it was the other way round.

Just listened to it. Classic. "No Southend Protestations". Well firstly Isaw Barry Corr sprint as fast as he could over there, then the rest of the team followed him with a look of disgust at Winn. I will admit that their player was going for the ball but seriously, what is this guys argument?

The player Winn knew what he had done and he was going to get red carded as he stayed on the floor for quite a while just sitting there, probably ashamed. Dreadful tackle. And the away directors sitting behind us had the balls to suggest that Sean had feigned injury to get their man sent off. Needless to say when Sean went off with blood dripping from his eye we all turned round and had a right go at them. I think when they saw that they realised it was the right decision, but no apology was forthcoming.

Back