• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 1-3 Gateshead FC

The defending for our first and third was shocking.
Nobody marking anyone for the first, and how many players does it need to deal with a corner? Four is clearly not enough.
Small gripe, but Dan Bentley told me if he goes the right way for a pen, he expects to save it.

Was sure at the time that wasn't a penalty and now 100% convinced. Absolutely shocking decision.

See I've watched it so many times and it still isn't 100% clear to me either way as from that angle it looks like either the striker gets his boot to it first OR Colins hand does and depending on what you are looking for you'll see it. :ROFL:

But doesn't change the result so **** it, everyone is right!

Collin has to come for the first one. The second is poor, but hard to say whether or not it should have been a penalty. The third is dire.
He's never getting there and the attacker isn't heading towards goal - his error was starting to come, but it was the correct decision to turn back. Crowther pauses in the chase for the ball and then never catches up. And no one picked up the actual goal scorer. So a multitude of errors.

He's never getting there and the attacker isn't heading towards goal - his error was starting to come, but it was the correct decision to turn back. Crowther pauses in the chase for the ball and then never catches up. And no one picked up the actual goal scorer. So a multitude of errors.

I thought at the time he could have made it, personally. It was right in front of me (East Blacks)

Would need to see it again I guess, but gut feeling was his indecision cost us there.

I thought at the time he could have made it, personally. It was right in front of me (East Blacks)

Would need to see it again I guess, but gut feeling was his indecision cost us there.
Same (I’m in East Blacks too). He looked favourite to me then got cold feet and backed off. Even if he hadn’t have got there first, in the worst case scenario he was close enough to clatter their man and take the yellow. Better than conceding a goal in any case.

I thought that at first, but on replay he's got a lot of ground to cover, the ball holds up a little which aids the attacker, and as I say the attacker isnt heading directly towards goal. I think him starting to come does cause Crowther to ease up, but I think that is Crowther's error, he should still be chasing the attacker in case Collin doesn't make it or there's a rebound or as happened Collin retreats.

I don't think Collin is blameless but he isn't the sole cause or maybe even the major cause.

I thought that at first, but on replay he's got a lot of ground to cover, the ball holds up a little which aids the attacker, and as I say the attacker isnt heading directly towards goal. I think him starting to come does cause Crowther to ease up, but I think that is Crowther's error, he should still be chasing the attacker in case Collin doesn't make it or there's a rebound or as happened Collin retreats.

I don't think Collin is blameless but he isn't the sole cause or maybe even the major cause.

Yeah need to see it again (I can’t bring myself to watch the highlights atm).

I thought he made the right decision becuse the player out wide changed his run, and we had enough players back to deal with the runners. Unfortunately they stopped. If there was any fault, it was maybe the communication between them, but unsurprising seeing that it was a mish mash defence without the regular Taylor and Ralph, replaced with Foran, who they only met likely a day before. The only positive now is that Ralph is back, we have a full week without travels or matches to get on the training ground to get things right. Would expect a much better performance next week.

The defending for our first and third was shocking.
Nobody marking anyone for the first, and how many players does it need to deal with a corner? Four is clearly not enough.
Small gripe, but Dan Bentley told me if he goes the right way for a pen, he expects to save it.

Good for Dan. But todays one was right in the corner on floor with pace. My gripe is how did you not notice?

Good for Dan. But todays one was right in the corner on floor with pace. My gripe is how did you not notice?
I did notice, and also noticed Collin beating the ground in frustration straight after.
Was he annoyed with himself? When he goes the wrong way it's a more philosophical reaction, no?

I did notice, and also noticed Collin beating the ground in frustration straight after.
Was he annoyed with himself? When he goes the wrong way it's a more philosophical reaction, no?

Dan Bentley did the exact same when he guessed right but didn't quite get hand to it......Even at Wembley

Dan Bentley did the exact same when he guessed right but didn't quite get hand to it......Even at Wembley
...unless we're talking the save from Sam Wood that got us promotion.
While here, the pen today was a side-foot, yes, it was low in the corner, and yes it had pace, but definitely not a pile driver.
As I originally said: a minor gripe considering all else.
And we're comparing a keeper who built up a reputation as a penalty saver with a relative rookie.
I think Collin has saved one: Chertsey in the Trophy? Although there may have been others that don't immediately come to mind.

Back