• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's Michael Timlin: I know I can’t afford to get booked against Dagenha

Number 8 is definitely a position. Like number 9 is a position. Like number 10 is etc etc etc. Number 4 is known as a position.

He's the best we've got. He does a lot of work on the pitch. AND he can play. How people can't see that is incredible. He's a League 2/1 player. A CM or NUMBER 8, gets on the ball a lot, they get involved a lot, they get in people's faces, they commit fouls, they run a lot. More than any other player on the pitch. Because of this, because they are always involved it is more likely that they will misplace a pass or they will make a foul. Especially at this level.

What do people expect. It's incredible.

Are you a fan of Timlins ?

He definitely seems to polarise people.

Personally I think he's a headless chicken off the ball, he isn't disciplined and he follows the play too much. This may be because he's not got much help alongside him.

On the ball I think he's a good passer and that he can spot gaps and play well weighted and timed passes. He's not exactly Beckham, but he can bring players into the game and he seems to be on the same wavelength as the strikers when looking for through-balls.

With a better option alongside him hopefully he'll be able to push forward a bit more. From what I've seen of Spicer, he just isn't good enough.

One of Timlins fault is too often trying a 50 yard pass when a simpler one is better. I actually think he would work well with someone just like him alongside him. Certainly he doesnt seem to have struck up much of a partnership with Spicer. He needs players round him who match his workrate.

The fact is he gives the ball away too often.

It doesnt matter if he is trying killer balls, if they rarely (ever?) come off then all he is doing is surrendering possession. Against Barnet there were times he gave the ball away through shorter passes too.

Id rather have a Maher type who whilst often played short sideways passes, but they always got there and were to more creative wide players who would create chances.

He isnt by any means a donkey and he is the best we have, Id struggle to class him as a 'great' player though.

The fact is he gives the ball away too often.

It doesnt matter if he is trying killer balls, if they rarely (ever?) come off then all he is doing is surrendering possession. Against Barnet there were times he gave the ball away through shorter passes too.

Id rather have a Maher type who whilst often played short sideways passes, but they always got there and were to more creative wide players who would create chances.

He isnt by any means a donkey and he is the best we have, Id struggle to class him as a 'great' player though.

Which is what Spicer does but everyone hates that aswell?

LOL

Which is what Spicer does but everyone hates that aswell?

LOL

Maher used to get flack for it as well, yet that is exactly what we need at the moment.

As for Spicer Ive not really seen much evidence of him retaining the ball, or even getting hold of the ball enough for my liking. Not seen him play that much but when I have he hasnt made much of an impact at all. First time I saw him when he came on as a late sub he looked like he might do well, but still has it all to prove for me.

When I saw him against Exeter, he probably touched the ball the fewest times out of any player on the pitch. Say what you want about Maher but he was always involved.

Back