• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Sutton United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came from not taking chances when attacking, a few questionable final passes. Still we’ve played well, need to keep the energy from the first minute of the second half. Pepple has done pretty well but I’d like to see Bonne after half time.

Poor so far, as far removed from Tuesday as you can get…Sutton are the worst side here so far …and their goal scorer, what a **** !
We must be watching a different game. Yes there’s been a couple of mistakes but we’ve generally played the ball around well and had some decent chances. I think you could get a lot further removed from Tuesday than this!

Should be winning this easily but as Clarkey pointed out just before the goal our defenders are getting in each others way quite a bit.

Sutton are dire & there is a lot of off the ball stuff that the ref isn't seeing & quite a few tackles that a rugby team would be happy with.

When we pass at speed we make them look very poor but my worry is that we've gone to looking back before passing so their bodyshapes are wrong which Clarkey is also worried about. As for Collin's kicking it ain't good.

We must be watching a different game. Yes there’s been a couple of mistakes but we’ve generally played the ball around well and had some decent chances. I think you could get a lot further removed from Tuesday than this!

Apologies I meant as a spectacle, very scrappy, that didn’t come across in my message

Just feel we look edgy at the back today even before the howler. Not sure Morton is making himself available enough to pick the ball from the back line in build up. We need to stick to what we are doing going forward and other chances should come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back