• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Aldershot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't complain at the that. We lack pace. They on the other hand break with purpose and when they get a chance to shoot, they work the keeper.

Bullied by Aldershot who look like a bunch of overweight cloggers at the best of times.

Gifting them a goal is the last thing we needed to do. They’ll sit behind it now and know we’ll happily give them a break every now and then.

Powderpuff midfield. Waldron looks good but Cardwell virtually invisible. Would pull Cards at HT.

Far too many mistakes in midfield, Aldershot haven't done much except wait for us to pass to them but it's led to 4 or 5 clear cut chances for them.

A few things stand out to me

We’ve somehow lost that spirit that came from everything and everyone being against us. Where has that collective pressing gone that continually saw us over performing?

Miley is seriously off the pace. Mistake after mistake at the moment from the player who would normally be the first name on the team sheet?

Our midfield is just not working. We need that **** house and we need creativity that doesn’t always mean “get the ball to Bridge”.

Disappointing at the moment as we’re losing to a team that wants it more and is set up better to go get it.

Digging for positives, Ralph is head and shoulders above anything else on the pitch at the moment, and simply doesn’t deserve to be on a losing side. Class act.

Without our help they’ve created absolutely nothing. We’ve started all their moves by giving it away.
Stamp that out from half time and play our football further up the pitch, not in our own back third ffs!
Let’s get fonguck on and see if we can get bridge playing better.

Not good enough I’m afraid , better team winning , I honestly thought we had enough quality to really make a push for the play offs last month but we are so far off other teams .
There’s a lot of positive posters on here and I admire their outlook but I’m starting to worry we don’t have the right set up to take us forward and out of this league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back